Torbay Indication Letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
pmg

Torbay Indication Letters

Post by pmg »

Hi all.

After reading some of the Plymouth posts I'm starting to become nervous about what sort of "indication" letter we will be receiving in Torbay next week. As I understand there will be no data/mark info', just a statement that you should/should not consider applying for the schools listed. Our daughter has heart set on TGGS but she is only one out of around 280 who sat exam there. Anyone have any clarification on what to expect?
devonmum

Re: Torbay Indication Letters

Post by devonmum »

Hi - I just posted a similar comment. As far as I understand its a letter saying they either are, or are not, of grammar school suitability... so we will be none the wiser really. Not good.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Have heard (on basis of someone told someone who told etc..........) over weekend that TGGS are planning to include something something to indicate whether you would be likely to be in top 120 or on waiting list. Guess we'll find out soon!
taxi2one

Post by taxi2one »

Hi

We are awaiting similar letter from Torquay Boys, but again it will only give an "indication" of whether an application is likely to be successful, no guaranteed place. Here's looking forward to 1st March!
Roots2success

Post by Roots2success »

Yes pmg - I have heard that for all 3 Grammars. The initial letter (I think there is a copy on Churston Grammar's Website, there is certainly a copy of their presentation to parents there) was going to have just a "yes, your child is suitable for our school" or a "no" your child is not suitable. The "yes" was going to include those children on the waiting list as well. Apparently, after various questions from parents to the schools it seems that all 3 Grammars may be providing a little bit more information. I'm waiting to hear from TBGS. I don't know the exact format the letter will take and whether they will send it by post or email on 18th October or whether it will ARRIVE on 18th October. I delievered my 11+ registration form personally to the school, but the form did ask for our email address.

Good Luck Everyone!
taxi2one

Post by taxi2one »

Hi

Are you going to open letter with your child or have a sneaky peek before they see it? I can't think of anything worse than building the moment into a major event then having to deal with the disappointment if it doesn't say what we want it to! I'm guessing we should get the letter on friday 19th if sent 1st class.

Fingers crossed for everyone!
pmg

Post by pmg »

Hi all.

I was anticipating an email notification as they asked for it on registration form. Anyone know if it is just a hard copy letter or both? Plus can't find any clarification on school websites as to whether being posted on 18th or arriving on 18th?

Planning a calm and sensitive process around informing our daughter of results but would be easier to plan if I was sure what format and when it was arriving!
pmg

Post by pmg »

Churston have updated their guidance for parents and letters being posted first class on 18th. Sample of letter is here http://www.churstongrammar.com/news/11- ... r-parents/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and if they all use this we'll have no idea if they are in or on waiting list.