Torbay "guidance letters"

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Devonian21

Re: Torbay "guidance letters"

Post by Devonian21 »

Well done to your daughter and I completely agree that 3 yes's and uncertainty is the best option we could have hoped for. :)
Storm

Post by Storm »

Three yeses for us as well! Feel really pleased. So will fill in the application tonight - once I've checked his final preference! Well done to everyone else on this thread. And a very big thank you to everyone accross this forum who has offered so much advice and support. :D We DIYed so don't think we would have managed it without you!
taxi2one

Post by taxi2one »

"Yes yes yes" for us too, delighted but unsure as everyone else! Anybody know if the Grammar schools will accept applications from tests sat at different schools, say if a child sat test at Churston and applied to Torquay Boys as first choice, just a thought.
WP

Post by WP »

The schools won't know what position you put them on the form.
EduKate

Post by EduKate »

Hi As a tutor I've seen plenty of 3 yes's on this site and amongst my own tutees. I am just wondering if anyone has heard of a yes/no letter?

Edukate
Devonian21

Post by Devonian21 »

I have heard of a no, no, yes (yes for Westlands) from a boy that sat the test at TBGS. Heard of a few no, yes, yes for TGGS and a few no, no, yes for TGGS. Haven't heard of a no, yes, yes for TBGS though. I wish they had given us an A, B, C in addition to the yes/no response! Instead we are reduced to discussing no, yes, yes and yes, yes, yes etc.... :(
Storm

Post by Storm »

So far I've only heard of 2 other yes yes yes in 'real life' (ie not on this forum) but quite a few no no yes (for Westlands) and no no no. I'm assuming yes yes yes pretty well guarantees a selective place, but not necessarily our first choice.
Anyone done their online applicaton yet? Found that really confusing in terms of Westlands. Still need to check if I've done it right for the selective stream.
EduKate

Post by EduKate »

Thank you Devonian21 and Storm. Maybe three 'yes's' is better than I thought (or perhaps not!).

Edukate
Devonian21

Post by Devonian21 »

That's okay. I think one of the problems in understanding the results is that those whose children got a 'no', especially a no, no, no, are less likely to want to talk about it (post on forums/let tutors know) and therefore it appears that everyone has got a yes, yes, yes. I am sure I would be trying to move on from the whole 11+ thing if my child got 3 no's.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Friday seemed to be all YYY by those excitedly sharing results but over weekend have understandably heard of half a dozen or so NNY and NYY and NNN. Daughter bumped in to someone she knew who had a Maybe/Y/Y from TBGS but unless anyone else has heard that waiting list candidates have been given different classification, this could be 10 year old's getting wrong end of stick! In some ways we've all had enough of stress for now and quite happy to press 'pause' until March :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now