Results....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SophieKShaw

Results....

Post by SophieKShaw »

Results day in 2 hours! I am dying here.....Are the results being posted or emailed for Plymouth? :?
angieblaikie

Re: Results....

Post by angieblaikie »

my daughters results was emailed to me this morning at 08:38 from secondary admissions and shes done well.

Top score for girls 282
bottom score 138
370 girls entered exam

good luck everyone
helpinghand

Post by helpinghand »

Just checked my email and DD has got her results, I wasn't expecting an email. I'm still utterly confused :oops:
angieblaikie

Post by angieblaikie »

helpinghand wrote:Just checked my email and DD has got her results, I wasn't expecting an email. I'm still utterly confused :oops:
if yr dd is in top 240 then she should be able to go to one of the grammar schools, much depends on where she came in the scoring and how many girls above her choose the same preferred grammar school.
helpinghand

Post by helpinghand »

Thank you.. I'm doubting myself :oops: She scored well within 240 but really only wants to go to one of the schools? I suppose it depends on how many above her want that school.

She has done far better than her mock and I'm really pleased for her and very proud, but terrified of getting her hopes up.
helpinghand

Post by helpinghand »

Her placement position is 138 to 147
erisindevon

Post by erisindevon »

With that placement she has a really good chance of her first choice. Last year, almost all my dd's year group in the top 240 got their first choice school - about 10 went to each of the Plymouth girls' grammars.

However, is it worth talking up the pros of both schools so that she will be happy with either? They both have lots of good points :)
helpinghand

Post by helpinghand »

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to have a chat to her about looking at both schools again as her second choice school is likely to be oversubscribed (Kingsbridge) and we are just out of catchment. Her third choice is the local school, which she is adamant she doesn't want to go to :?
SophieKShaw

Post by SophieKShaw »

Yes, got the email this morning too!
We got in the 240, thank goodness! I was checking my inbox throughout the night, so AI am shattered!
So so relieved! Now for the school allocation but I don't mind which Grammar she gets.. They are both excellent :)
Happy Mum :)
suchamuddle

Post by suchamuddle »

It doesn't seem a year ago we were waiting for the results. My DD wanted one particular school although we would have been delighted with either and she got her first choice. Her best friend got the other grammer school and both girls are delighted with their choice and compare notes. Good luck to all
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now