How to identify what your child wants to be?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tiredmumof2

Re: How to identify what your child wants to be?

Post by tiredmumof2 »

Just a thought - medicine and law - completely unimaginative in themselves, are quite good at opening doors all round the country - so you can live in Devon and not be a farmer or a builder (although why become a medic/lawyer when you can be a farmer or builder?).

My DDs on the other hand do not want to be any of those.

We think that the younger one will make a very good dictator of a small state somewhere, (hopefully quite some way away) and the other one is on track to be a mega star if her singing in the shower is anything to go by.

I would have liked to be a plumber - just think - a lady plumber in Devon - I'd be really rich, and always in demand, if a little over familiar with bathrooms.
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

The career database in the computer guidance for year 9 seem to have not been updated since 1980- my dd has recently been told to become a marine biologist. DH and I (both biologists not marine) got similar advice-because that is one of the only biology careers in the database.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

My DD has decided she wants to be a baker and own a Bakery.

To be fair, she bakes really well. (Chocolate fondants for tea last night were excellent).

She possibly needs to do something about her dislike of pastry and nuts though.