Study at Colyton ,where to live?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mollygu

Study at Colyton ,where to live?

Post by mollygu »

Hi , I have a question about where to live if kid study at colyton ?

Most student in Colyton where they live?

How about everyday school bus 50min*2 (return)

please give some information ,any advice is welcome.

many thanks
pooplechair

Re: Study at Colyton ,where to live?

Post by pooplechair »

I think most of the kids still live in the Axe valley area.
Averagedad

Post by Averagedad »

I once heard a figure of around 55% of the school students are living in the East Devon (i.e. Seaton, Honiton, Colyton, Sidmouth, Axminster, Ottery St Mary etc.)

If you look at the following 2 reports from the 2 local newspapers regarding school's GCSE & A Level success, you should notice some top students were from Exeter, Exmouth etc. which are about 50-minute one way drive. One of my boys at CGS once told me he'd a school friend living in Yeovil, which is at least 1-hour one way drive.

Good Luck.

Terence

Report 1

http://www.midweekherald.co.uk/news/col ... _1_2348771" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Exeter, Exmouth, Broadclyst)

Report 2

20th August 2013- COLYTON: Success continues at Colyton Grammar
(from http://www.viewfromonline.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Search Colyton Grammar School )

STUDENTS at Colyton Grammar School impressed again last week with another set of top A-level results.

Anxious students collected their exam results last Thursday, with 89.3 per cent receiving the top A*, A or B grades.

Bucking the national trend, the number of top A* grades this year went up to 28.7 per cent at Colyton Grammar and the number achieving A*or A grades was up 4.1 per cent to 68.5 per cent. Nearly 20 per cent of the year group achieved three A* grades or better with half recording at least one A*.

Headteacher, Paul Evans said: “It’s been another successful year for students at Colyton who have worked hard to achieve these stunning results.

“The majority of students have achieved what they need to go on to some very competitive higher education courses, which at the end of the day, is the most important thing; they should be congratulated for what they’ve achieved.

“I’d like to thank their teachers for the support and encouragement that they have given.”

This year, 12 students are off to study medicine and one veterinary science while 13 are expected to take up places at Oxford or Cambridge. Most other students are planning to take up places in Russell Group universities and other sought after institutions.

Top performers included Clodagh Krasucki from Chard with six A*s, closely followed by Alice Petherick from Exeter with five. The top performing local student was Rory Bolsover from Seaton with four A*s and two As, whose success was matched by Dominic Hall from Exmouth.

Branoc Richards from Sidmouth received four A*s and one A, as did Harriet Eaton from Farway and Mark Collett from Lyme Regis. Bridport students Ciara Rowland-Simms and Freya Le Helloco both received four A*s, as did Matthew Baker from Ottery St mary and Thomas Collingwood from Colyford.
mollygu wrote:Hi , I have a question about where to live if kid study at colyton ?

Most student in Colyton where they live?

How about everyday school bus 50min*2 (return)

please give some information ,any advice is welcome.

many thanks
Together We Build a Happier & Safer World
mollygu

Post by mollygu »

poop,Averagedad

Thanks all - appreciate the responses
happymum

Post by happymum »

My son is currently in year 12 and we live in Exmouth. He catches a private bus every day and the journey takes approximately 50 minutes.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now