How did everyone get on?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
candyfloss

how did everyone get on ?

Post by candyfloss »

hi all,
in converstion with my dd,s friends mum today she told me that there were four sittings on sat at dhsg with around a 100 girls for each sitting?
please can someone tell me this woman is a fantasist(i don,t know her that well :lol:) or is this true? does anyone know for sure? my partner says as far as he could see there were only two sittings?
i know i could contact the lea as katie says but i,m afraid patience is not one of my virtues.
nearlyover

Post by nearlyover »

My partner also thought there were two sessions - my daughter's session was 11.35- so if anyone had after that could they post a reply and then we know there were three, at least. My partner said they weren't hurried out afterwards and there were not any more people waiting, but then again maybe the organisers had a lunch break.
Anyone got anywhere with asking the LEA?
Aghhh....
rubyruby

Post by rubyruby »

I have emailed them today. There was an automated reply saying they would reply within 5 days!
rubyruby

Post by rubyruby »

my daughter said that there were 30 girls in her room taking the exam and I think there were another 30 in another room. We were on second sitting so there must have been another 60 in the morning. (PHSG)That makes a total of 120. Her examination started at 11.30 and finished at 1.35. It looked like the earlier session was for girls who lived more locally (as it started at about 8.30 I think) and then the girls further afield (we are from Cornwall) sat the 11.30 exam.
NoIdea

Post by NoIdea »

My dd did the 0855 - 1100 session at PHSG and they sat in the Sports Hall, not in individual rooms. There were more than 60 girls in that first session!
nearlyover

Post by nearlyover »

feels great to have some contact with others reading this forum from Plymouth selection area. Thanks everyone. My elder daughter is in year 11 at Devonport and she casually mentioned she saw the 11plus tables still out in the hall with times on the board but despite relentless questioning she does not remember the time on the board so no clue about number of sessions. No help having been through before because it was all different in those days - 4 vr over 4 saturdays, no maths, and standard format. All changed with marking by computer.
Guest1

How many?

Post by Guest1 »

My daughter sat her 11+ at DHSG - there were 132 in the first sitting and I assume there were the same at the second one. A friend sat hers at PHS, first sitting, and from her allocated number (these corresponded to their position in alphabetical order on the register list) there must have been approximately 100. Guessing the second sitting was same amount again. So that's about 464 girls for 240 places!
rubyruby

Post by rubyruby »

Might have got the number of girls in room wrong but I am sure there was about 60 girls in the second session.
geogwoman

Post by geogwoman »

Probably not really any help but there was 318 boys at DHSB on Saturday for 174 places. I would think there will be similar numbers of girls. At least there are more places for girls! The head did a short address to parents after the boys had gone into their exam, which I thought was good and he confirmed that there were 318 taking the test
nearlyover

Post by nearlyover »

487 views on this post and about 5 or 6 of us posting - come on everyone, play fair and share your knowledge too.