Colyton English Paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Loopyloulou

Colyton English Paper

Post by Loopyloulou »

deleted
Last edited by Loopyloulou on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
happymum

Post by happymum »

Yes the paper consists of comprehension and a piece of writing - last year it was to write a newspaper article.

I can't really comment on how much revision your child should do as my son didn't do any extra work other than what he was doing at school. However if your child isn't much of a reader, try to encourage him/her to get in the habit of reading plenty of fiction and non-fiction books. This will broaden their imagination and help with their spelling and grammar.

Good luck! :D
Katie

Post by Katie »

Hi Loopylou!

PM me for help with this. You are quite right to be planning ahead and preparing properly for the tests. Supporting your child's learning is one of the most important aspects of being a parent.

Katie
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

deleted
Last edited by Loopyloulou on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loopy
happymum

Post by happymum »

Loopyloulou wrote:Well the Colyton 11+ was on Saturday. For the information of anyone who might look at this posting in the future, the English paper didn't include a comprehension this year. There were just two (compulsory) bits of extended writing. One was a letter to a penfriend; the other was an essay on a topic along the lines of "Something that went better than I had expected". (I'm pleased to say the latter seems to have applied to DD's 11+ experience...). Now just to wait for January.
I shall keep my fingers crossed for your daughter. My son is loving every minute of Colyton and I hope your daughter will be joining him there in September.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now