Anyone out there for Parkstone this year?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
paula

Anyone out there for Parkstone this year?

Post by paula »

Following DD1s success two years ago. DD2 will sitting the test this year.The Dorset board has been very quiet recently so I am wondering who else is hoping for a place.
MrsK40

Re: Anyone out there for Parkstone this year?

Post by MrsK40 »

Not me! - Still reeling from DS getting a place at Bournemouth!... but sending you lots of good luck. As a matter of interest, have you changed your study routine (in hindsight) as it were with your second entrant or are you doing the same thing? My second entrant won't be ready for another 3 yrs but I think I may do things slightly differently.
paula

Post by paula »

Yes things are different this time. DD1 intended to go for 11+ in Berkshire so I did much of her prep then. Then we decided to move back to Poole so we had a few weeks of tutoring from a friend- ex teacher. With DD2 she has been tutored for the past year with the same tutor. Not that I wasn't confident with DD2 but the need to get in seems so much greater 2nd time around- yes i know DD1 and DD2 are not the same and what's the right school for one may not be the right school for the other. DD2 however is determined not to be outdone and is just as clever as her elder sis. Didn't think it was possible to be more nervous than last time but I definately am :?
Bmthmum

Post by Bmthmum »

Hi Mrs K40 and Paula,
How is your DS settling in Mrs K40? Sorry we didn't get to meet in the Summer hols - where has the time gone? Nearly the first half term over already! My DS is really enjoying it and has surprised us all by coming home and getting on with homework straight away!! (Something that never happened in primary school!)
Paula - I wish you luck as you go into it all again - I have been glad of the break from it but realise with dread that we have to start the whole process again with DS2 in January!! The only thing that will change for us is that DS2 will have tutoring on a one-to-one basis rather than the group sessions DS1 had as we have found a really lovely tutor through a friend. I'm not sure whether it will be easier because we know what to expect or harder because we would love them to be at the same school (and DS1 would like to follow in his brother's footsteps now he realises they do play football at BS!)
Then I have a 5 year gap before my youngest (daughter) and last! Phew!! :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now