bournemouth boys school appeals

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Dorset Parent

Post by Dorset Parent »

Info on 12+ at Poole. I seem to be having problems sending a PM to DM (it sits in my Outbox) and also I couldn't get into the Forum at all last night! Here it is for all interested.

Yes you can apply to Poole Grammar for the 12 + but they have a different system than Bournemouth. Click on the link below and read it.

http://www.poolegrammar.com/admissions.php

Hope you can read this. Note that they have a ranking order for applicants and it takes into account where you live, what school your child already attends in Poole and these people have priority over applicants living outside. Different to Bmth which has no priority for local residents, (only if 2 people are vying for the last place and then distance criteria applied). So do study this carefully.

A colleague has said she thinks that they may be changing their admission arrangements this year - so please check up on this.

Being a Bournemouth resident I never realised that Poole operates a First Preference First system for all their schools, and you aren't guarenteed a place at your second choice if you don't get into your first. I think the system at Bournemouth is much better - at least I didn't have to worry about risking not getting a place at our local school by putting it third choice.

Hope you get my PM sometime DM!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now