GL practice papers - how is it going?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Twinmumdorch

GL practice papers - how is it going?

Post by Twinmumdorch »

Hello

Just wondered if any of your children have done GL practice papers and how it is going for them?

My twins seem to be doing well in English and verbal reasoning (one is scoring much higher than the other though) but the Maths is not going well for either of them. I have an appt with their Maths teacher to discuss it next week.

I'm not sure what I should be expecting at this stage with three months to go.
Ripcurlrana

Re: GL practice papers - how is it going?

Post by Ripcurlrana »

Hi there
My son is doing well with the papers hitting the 80% + mark most of the time. For him its the English comp he finds most challenging! :|
Twinmumdorch

Post by Twinmumdorch »

Well done to your son. One of my twins is scoring around 80% in English and VR and high 60's for Maths. Not done a full paper for a couple of weeks now though.
My other twin is scoring high 60's - low 70's in English and VR but Maths is lower. She's had help at school in last couple of weeks with Maths so I will be interested to see if she can improve this. Beginning to worry more for her now. :-( I hope she can improve over the Summer.
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

Hi Twinmumdorch

It can get worrying can't it? My son doesn't have the patience to search through the comp to answer the questions! Also some of the vocab is challenging, so he can't answer the questions as doesn't know what they are asking. Ive tried to help him with those questions.

He's keeping the work up over Summer so hopefully by doing more practice he can get used to doing it more. Unfortunately they don't cover all this in year 5 at his school. :(

We can only ask them to try their best. Do you have a 2nd choice school?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now