Bournemouth Collegiate School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ripcurlrana

Bournemouth Collegiate School

Post by Ripcurlrana »

Ok I know off topic, but as many of us are at the same point of choosing a secondary school, wondered what your views on BCS?

Unfortunately we are in a poor catchment for boys secondary so looking at all options. Have visited the school, but would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you :)
thescribe

Re: Bournemouth Collegiate School

Post by thescribe »

Funnily enough I considered collegiate too. :-) I spoke to several mums about it and the consensus wasn't great. Admittedly I can't speak from experience but I've yet to speak to anyone who rates it. I looked at their results too, and they are poor, worse than the state secondary results. :-(

Our choice is limited to Winton or Bourne Academy (never!) as we are out of catchment for Bishop so there's a lot riding on the exam!
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

Our catchment is Harewood College. I know one parent whose son goes there and has done really well (collegiate). I'm hoping the new head will improve things. It does have a lovely feel to it and with its small class sizes, think my son would thrive.

Thanks for your comments and good luck for next week!!
BournemouthDad

Post by BournemouthDad »

I would honestly not send my son there even if it was free. I know of several people who have pulled their children out from collegiate and also several boys at Bournemouth school rather than there.

It needs a lot of turning around until its worth the money.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now