In the final straight ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Twinmumdorch

Re: In the final straight ...

Post by Twinmumdorch »

Ripcurlrana wrote:Does anybody know what we should expect to be told apart from 'eligible' and 'ineligible' in the letter?

Assuming that would be for Bournemouth and Poole schools.

The website for both Bournemouth schools and Parkstone GS says you receive a letter saying if your child is eligible for a place. Poole Grammar's website says they provide scores for all boys who sit the tests. I think that is much more useful than just an eligible letter. Let's hope the girls school do the same.
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

Thanks! Ive since found out you get the pass mark and your child's mark. I suppose that will give you a good idea as to whether they'd get a place.

I hope that as they are a consortium this year, all schools will provide the same info in the letter. :wink:
Twinmumdorch

Post by Twinmumdorch »

Ripcurlrana wrote:Thanks! Ive since found out you get the pass mark and your child's mark. I suppose that will give you a good idea as to whether they'd get a place.

I hope that as they are a consortium this year, all schools will provide the same info in the letter. :wink:

Will you apply to both schools?
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

No just Bournemouth. Poole too far. How about you?
thescribe

Post by thescribe »

Aaarrgghh!! My friend whose son sat and passed last year has just told me they were expecting the results on sat but they came on Friday!! Wish she hadn't said that!!@
Foxheart

Post by Foxheart »

Am hoping that they put letters in post yesterday pm with the hope they may arrive today?!
thescribe

Post by thescribe »

Wouldn't that be a nice surprise!!!
bumblebee

Post by bumblebee »

Good luck everyone. I remember being in this position a few years back its so nail biting (but we had to wait til March with no intervening indication of scores). I agree with what Bournemouth Dad says. The school that your children end up in is not the be all and end all of their future prospects. Far more important is the input and support and encouragement they receive at home. The curriculum is the same. I have boys in yr 12 and 10 and both enjoy the school and I like the school because of its focus on learning and high expectations. But...it is just a school. The growth of your children's potential depends on so much more than the school they go to. Bournemouth Dad I wouldn't worry too much about the maths issue. You will find that in the first few terms they go back over much that the kids already know to really instill a rock solid maths base on which to build and at some point they will be streamed. Soon enough they will be working to their full capacity.
thescribe

Post by thescribe »

Postman has just been, nothing today :(
Twinmumdorch

Post by Twinmumdorch »

We are too far from both schools in theory but I could move as I work in Bournemouth but I couldn't make a move until I knew the results as we would choose Thomas Hardye if my girls don't meet the criteria for grammar school. With a middle school system here they don't go until year 9. I have been in this position before; my son passed the 12+ for Poole several years ago but didn't get in as we were out of catchment and distance was the deciding factor then. This time it will be scores and rankings.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now