Parkstone Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scarymary

Parkstone Grammar

Post by scarymary »

Hello to everyone.
I've only just discovered this fantastic site - it's like a little oasis!
I'm looking for any information I can find really on Parkstone Grammar. We're out of the catchment area, but the local alternative is pretty grim, so I (and probably hundreds of others around here) obviously want to give my daughter the best chance and go for the entrance exam. I know from their website that you have to take nfer verbal and non verbal reasoning, but are there any other tests to take? And has anybody got any advice they can offer about this school?
Pinky

:)

Post by Pinky »

Parkstone Grammar does verbal and non verbal reasoning this year, only. I go to the school and the teaching is very high standard. You probably already know this, so forgive me! All I can say is that if you have any questions you are very welcome to give them a ring, they will answer. Also, unless you haven't done this already, the school does tours. I would recommend both.

I hope this has been a help.
:D
chad

Post by chad »

I haven't got any knowledge of your particular school but....

It would be a good idea to find out whether it is NFER multiple choice or Standard... as it makes a difference to the preparation.

Slough, Berks uses NFER multiple choice... you may be able to glean something from that region on the forum.

I believe Reading uses NFER standard form.

For VR there is a lot of information on the bucks region.

Have a look at the Home page.. left hand side... there is info and tools to use in preparation...vocab builder etc.

This is the link to the free downloads...
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/revisi ... wnload.php

Any questions come back and we will try to answer....
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
scarymary

Post by scarymary »

Thanks to you both for replying - I'll certainly book a tour, I didn't know they offered one. And while I'm there I can ask about the tests.
I know Parkstone is a good school and oversubscribed (like all good schools!) and my only real worry is what chance my daughter stands of getting in because of the catchment area. Is it true that 'out of catchment area' children have to score higher in the tests than 'within catchment area' children to get in? I'm a novice to all this, but it 's beginning to sink in now that there's a lot more to this business than just sitting an exam!javascript:emoticon(':shock:')
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

I am sorry everyone posting on this! I made a mistake, a really stupid one :!: I am applying soon for Parkstone, I haven't got in yet. My school and a few others have ben asked for groups of ten children to come and do six lessons on Science and six on Maths. I have gathered that information on visiting and on their website and a booklet.
Though I can know for sure that my information is correct.
scarymary

Post by scarymary »

Hey, Pinky - we all make mistakes!
Do you know if it's just children from catchment area schools that get an invite?
Pinky

Post by Pinky »

Sorry fro the delayed reply,

Thanks!
Everyone is allowed to try for the test-I know this for sure, because my friend (I won't mention names) will also try for Parkstone if she fails in the results for the Bournemouth Grammar. She is in the same school as me.

If you want to know anything else feel free to msg me. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now