Applications for Essex 2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rosie

Applications for Essex 2010

Post by rosie »

I wander if anyone can help.

If you list your 3 school choices in the correct order of preference and get offered no.2, where do you stand with regard to the waiting list if you were to accept your 2nd choice?

What I mean is; once you have accepted a place do you automatically get taken off the the waiting list for your No.1 choice (if you are on it that is!)?

Thank you
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

I can help 8)
This happened to us.You must accept the 2nd choice and you are automatically placed on a waiting list for your 1st.The list stays in place until Sept . You are notified automatically if you get a place at your waiting list school and are given a week to decide.
rosie

Post by rosie »

Thank you for that.

I sincerely hope it doesn't happen but everyone seems to have a different point of view!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

rosie wrote:Thank you for that.

I sincerely hope it doesn't happen but everyone seems to have a different point of view!
You are welcome.That really is the procedure not hearsay.The LA aim to give you the highest choice they are able to.They even publish stats borough by borough so they want to give you your higher choice if it comes up.
I hope you get your first choice anyway. 8)
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

Hi Rosie, I can second that info! You accept the 2nd place but that doesn't mean you've rejected the 1st school (unless you tick a box saying that you no longer wish to be on the waiting list for school no. 1).

Rachel
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

FlightyRachel :D :D Hellooooo

Nice to see you again. ( or read you :? You know what I mean)
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

Hello! I'm still about but less time for internetting... I am finding having one child at senior school and 2 at primary (and one at home!) logistically challenging! :D
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Doesn't get any easier with only one at primary.Perhaps when they are all at Uni/work. 8) Hope all is well.
xx