'Tess Of the D'Ubervilles' English Paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Karen

Re: chelmsfor mum

Post by Karen »

Anonymous wrote:here here, Gina and Joanne I agree. I couldnt have said it better myself.
Karen is looking out for her child as we all are, and trying her best. I agree with Joanne, many on this site are behaving worse than kids. Try to ignore bad the comments , you were given karen, comments like that are not worth reading. you know yow did your best and so did your child so be happy and proud. Good luck to Karen,Gina and Joanne and your children.
Many thanks
:lol:

Re: chelmsfor mum

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:here here, Gina and Joanne I agree. I couldnt have said it better myself.
Karen is looking out for her child as we all are, and trying her best. I agree with Joanne, many on this site are behaving worse than kids. Try to ignore bad the comments , you were given karen, comments like that are not worth reading. you know yow did your best and so did your child so be happy and proud. Good luck to Karen,Gina and Joanne and your children.

put name in subject box by mistake
chelmsfor mum

Post by chelmsfor mum »

and again help !!!! not very good on the pc
chelmsfor mum

Post by chelmsfor mum »

Karen Gina Joanne. Have you got girls/boys and where are you hoping for? I have a girl who is hoping for Chelmsford.
gina from clacton

Post by gina from clacton »

HELLO My daughter has applied to Colchester then Chelmsford . so Ill keep you posted.

Post by Guest »

chelmsfor mum wrote:Karen Gina Joanne. Have you got girls/boys and where are you hoping for? I have a girl who is hoping for Chelmsford.

My daughter got into Chelmsford last year and loves it. Good luck to your daughter and try not to listen too much to negative comments (or predicted grades they should achieve!). It all depends on the children sitting this year - some years are definitely stronger than others so competition is harder. If I am being honest, I actually didn't think my daughter would get in - she had a horrible year 5 at primary (no full time teacher!) and in year 6 they were only worried about the SATs results so she didn't do any history or geography. The school panicked as they realised that year 5 had really been a waste of time so they needed to try and get the children prepared for the SATs. When she did get in, I then worried that she would find it difficult as she had such a poor last 2 years at primary but she has fitted in really well and is more than coping with the work. I hope you and your daughter get what you want!
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

Hey chelmsford mum, i have a daughter and we have put down westcliff, southend then chelmsford, and if she doesn't make it then she will hopefully attend St Bernards (catholic school) We really hope she does make it but after that dreaded, dare i say it, English paper i dont hold up much hope, no i do have faith in my daughter, she can do it!(must think positve :? ) Afternoon Karen, hope this grey, dreary day finds you well. :)
Karen

Post by Karen »

I have a son who's applied for Chelmsford first and Southend second. If he doesn't get a place, he'll go to our local comp. Fortunately, said comp gets good results. His brother goes there and is doing well (albeit coasting a little). :)

Hi, Joanne. I am well, thank you. Hope the same for you. Just waiting for this grey and dreary weather to hold off a bit so I can take the dog out for a walk - if not, we're in for a soaking! :(
chelmsfor mum

Post by chelmsfor mum »

thanks for all the replys. thank you guest for your words of encouragment, Karen, we put the same Chelmsford then westcliff, because of travelling. Joanne keep me posted on where your daughter gets in, they might just end up the same school!! I loved westcliff i thought it had a lovely feel about the place, and everyone seemed so so happy. Our choices where based purely of travelling time , as i am sure you will agree they where all great schools, and im sure we would all be over the moon with any of them. karen , did you look into transport if your son got to southend , i presume you live in chelmsford too?. i was wondering if there any alternatives to the csse buses. Joanne are you in catchment for westcliffe or would your daughter have to travel too.
joanne

Post by joanne »

Hi Chelmsford mum, we are not in catchment which is a bummer (excuse my french) but we have a good bus service which i hear takes kids right outside westcliff high, in around 45minutes, pending on traffic. We are also near our local train station, benfleet, which takes you to southend east(not sure if thats the right stop) for southend high school, then its a short walk, we put chelmsford as 3rd choice as its difficult to get to, though we have a bus service to chelmsford rail station, but its one bus every hour, so not too good if she overslept one morning, as i would have to drop her off, and i have other kids and work to get to, joys of having kids i guess, i'm sure i'll be a glorified cabbie by the time september comes (actually who am i kidding? i am one already!) I wish you and your daughter all the best for march and hope she gets the school she wants, and you never know they may well be in the same class come september!!