How did it go today 2/12/09

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TP123

Post by TP123 »

Your inputs are always valuable Chelmsford Mum so it has just made me more cautious which is not a bad thing at all. We have the Redbridge exam on 12 Dec and then we are off to the US on 14 Dec for a well earned Xmas break. DS has done such a fantistic job and worked so hard that I finally decided it was worth doing the trip. It took me 2 months to decide whether it was wise or not. He will still be working but from a different location which should cheer him up - he seems stressed during the evenings. Based on this I also decided we were not going to do the Indies - we can't wait for this to be over.

I have been wanting to do a "post" for the last 6 months and have just plucked up the courage to do it. And now there is no stopping me :)
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

But once you start posting....you get really hooked :D
Moving and I are proof of that! :oops:
TP123

Post by TP123 »

You both are Fab! and really helped me through it - another post i always wanted to send and just got round to. At school with the Yr5 mums we have already spread the word on this site and the papers to download and the forums to watch. I even sent collegues with Yr5 kids a detailed email on - "shortcuts" to the essential information in case they were too busy. Not that it is required as it is a very good website anyway. Just figured that for working mums (like me) it may make it easy to get started. I must stop advicing the others on "what i should have done and did not" - as i am not really qualified to give such advice. But when i spotted things on this website just 1 week before the exam i was kicking myself big time!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

You are very kind :D Best wishes for the Redbridge exam and then have a fab time away. :D
moved

Post by moved »

I have added the list of texts to the sticky at the top of the Essex forum. I still don't know what was used for 1998.
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

thanks very much for that moving
moved

Post by moved »

Your job to find 1998 :!:
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

I will have a go!!!
moved

Post by moved »

:mrgreen:
babes

Post by babes »

Hi all My DS sat the 11 plus in Nov came out relieved it was over, she said the maths was okay easier then the previous years and VR okay and had enough time to finish. She did say the English was hard but pleased that she has read Bleak House so understood the concept.

Not sure how well she has done and is preparing for the Redbridge exam next week.

Good luck to all and have a merry xmas.

p.s does anybody know of any transport from Chigwell or surronding areas to Chelmsford
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now