Best wishes to all

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Chelmsford mum

Best wishes to all

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Just wanted to say to all of you, the very best of wishes for allocations day. :D
It is a very trying time. :cry: However the very fact that you are here on this site, that you have made some effort to prepare your child and that you are concerned about the outcome means that the future is brighter for your child than many, whatever school they end up with.
Warm wishes to you all.
We on the Essex thread will be here to pop the corks or pass the tissues (in a cyber manner of speaking :D )Best wishes to all. x
moved

Post by moved »

Even if tissues are required initially - do remember that corks can be popped later when waiting lists resolve themselves.
Hoping for all of you that the news will be great - but knowing many from DC's years at school, the 11+ is not the end of the line. Many near misses are doing very well at the top of their comprehensives/private schools and they are very, very happy.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

moved wrote:Even if tissues are required initially - do remember that corks can be popped later when waiting lists resolve themselves.
Hoping for all of you that the news will be great - but knowing many from DC's years at school, the 11+ is not the end of the line. Many near misses are doing very well at the top of their comprehensives/private schools and they are very, very happy.
Hear hear...on all counts. :D
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Just to prepare myself for disappointment I know the cut off is different every year but roughly what is the last overall percentage for kids that get into KEGS. I know DS is very unlikely to have got in but until it is in black and white I still can hold on to a small piece of hope. Once the final result comes I will have no hope so need to start preparing myself now!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Roughly average of mid seventies for the last place.
I hope you get what you want. I hope we all can help with advice re waiting lists etc if you don't.
Wish you so much of all the best.x
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

Thank you Chelmsford mum. Does that also apply for chelmsford county high? I have all this to go through again in November with my daughter!!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Alexandra wrote:Thank you Chelmsford mum. Does that also apply for chelmsford county high? I have all this to go through again in November with my daughter!!
Yes it does.I can personally vouch for that with 2 nd DD :roll: and the last places with the eldest's friends.The thing is to aim for the safe zone of 90% + and sometimes the nervous ones will drop 10 - 15 % :shock: (2nd DD did this)
Soooo hope you get the results you want. :)
Alexandra

Post by Alexandra »

I think 90% for my daughter is going to be way out. 90% for my son is way out and he is extrememely bright and sparky!! Oh well, here's hoping for a low scoring year!!!
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Alexandra wrote:I think 90% for my daughter is going to be way out. 90% for my son is way out and he is extrememely bright and sparky!! Oh well, here's hoping for a low scoring year!!!
Sorry didn't mean to freak you. :(
90%+ would be the top places and 75 % + the last places. That is a lot of variation and yet the position means little once they get in.
Sending you lots of cyber positive vibes.You will know soon.
Best wishes x
HammersDad

Post by HammersDad »

Good luck to everyone - taken the day off tomorrow to wait for the email. Hoping that we get the result we are hoping for here. All the best that you all get the same!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now