What an emotional journey!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Happy House (not Bleak)

What an emotional journey!

Post by Happy House (not Bleak) »

This is my first post on this site, eventhough I have read everything since the exam. Our DD has been offered her first choice of Chelmsford County High and we are all over the moon.
She is a well rounded girl from a local state school that does not prepare them for this exam. We played fun word games at home and she had the most fantastic unpushy tutor who she loved going to! She has never read a classic book in her life because she has always been a reluctant reader. However, she has wanted to go to this school for a long time and that has kept her focused.
We are going to have a bonfire tonight and throw on all the past papers! (at her request)
I have been an emotional wreck since November and she has been so calm. I feel a huge weight has been lifted and will certainly be hitting the bottle tonight.
marigold

Post by marigold »

Welcome, not bleak in our house either.

I also promised my daughter a bonfire of all her practice work when she passed two years ago, luckily we never got around to it and she had done all her workings in pencil. I rubbed them out and used them this time round for my son. He got in to KEGs so I am considering selling them to the highest bidder as they must have a touch of the fairy dust about them.

Well done, I can truthfully say my daughter loves very minute of her school day and I am sure your daughter will too.
Happy House (not Bleak)

Post by Happy House (not Bleak) »

Thanks Marigold - well done to your son too. Perhaps it does seem a little rash to burn all those papers, when they could help somebody else out. I am just so happy I can't wipe the smile off my face.
Favoured 1

Post by Favoured 1 »

Congrats!!! Happy House and Marigold. Well deserved celebrations.
Petal

Post by Petal »

DS didn't get grammar school place, but our first choice out of catchment comp, which we didn't think he stood a chance of getting into.
Now feeling worried when movement occurs on lists he may get offered a grammar place in a few weeks and we'll have a hard decision to make.

Any one else feeling like this?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Petal

I think he would only get offered the GS if you expressed an interest in being considered for a place?
moved

Post by moved »

Petal wrote:DS didn't get grammar school place, but our first choice out of catchment comp, which we didn't think he stood a chance of getting into.
Now feeling worried when movement occurs on lists he may get offered a grammar place in a few weeks and we'll have a hard decision to make.

Any one else feeling like this?
You are not alone in feeling like this. If you have a look on last year's threads you will see that this is "normal". Good luck with the wait and congratulations for your current allocation. Sounds like really you have a win:win situation.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now