Coach Billericay - Westcliff + New shenfield/Brentwood route

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Another worried Mum

WHSG September 2010

Post by Another worried Mum »

A bit off topic I know, but I see that there are a few of you who have posted whose DDs have been allocated a place at WHSG from September - well done, I am sure that you are all relieved and that your DDs will have a great experience. :)

We were in your position a couple of years ago and, through this forum, arranged for the girls to meet up before the school induction days - we had a couple of social events for mums and DDs (out for lunch in Billericay and then a trip to the Swimming Baths). As so many of the girls are the only ones from their Primary Schools going of to WHSG, it was so nice for them to have a few familiar faces when they arrived at such a big school on the first day. We were also allowed to request that they are in the same class - so by the time September came around, our DD knew about 10 of the girls in her class.

Now that they are in their second year they don't all 'hang around' together, as they have widened their friendship groups, but it certainly helped with that initial transition and made it much less daunting (for parents as well as DDs!!)

It only needs one of you to be brave enough to PM the others and break the ice - in my experience, you won't regret it! :idea: Good Luck!
billericay dad

School transport

Post by billericay dad »

My first contribution to forum, though a regular reader for year or so. Found very helpful. Particularly interested in this thread.
When choosing school order preferences, travel difficulties loomed large in our decisions. Hence although DD preferred Westcliff after school visits ,decided to rank only 2nd to much nearer st martin's, hutton 1st.
DD has duly been allocated Hutton after taking out-of-area exam but has also achieved somewhat more than we were anticipating at 11 plus; ranked 37 for westcliff with weighted score 360.27.
This has led us to reflect further on travel issues and so my interest in your efforts to mount similar concerns over travel worries.
Any thoughts or advice on what i should be doing.
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

Billericay Dad, I have sent you a PM.
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

Very provisional route:- (My suggestion to put to the company based on feedback through this forum and other parents.)

Queens Park to stock brook roundabout to Mayflower school to Billericay medical centre to Argos (High St) through Chapel St and stopping at bus stop near United Reform Church to junction of Southend Road/Outwood Common Rd to King's Head Great Burstead,Mill Road to WESTCLIFF.

Any comments????
Billericay Mum

Post by Billericay Mum »

This route looks good to me. It will be interesting to hear what the bus company says about the times and costs.
happydaddy

travel from billericay to westcliff

Post by happydaddy »

Have send you a PM but route good for us.
happydaddy

Post by happydaddy »

Hi

I wonder if I might put a question to you all. We obviously are blessed that our children are going to the Westcliff Schools but I have a very anxious friend whose daughter is still hoping for Chelmsford County High School for Girls.

Does anyone know what the cut off rank was for this particular school.

I said I would ask.

Thanks.
Silver29

Post by Silver29 »

happydaddy,

I don't know the cut off rank for Chelmsford county High this year but understand it is usually in the 150s.

I would advise your friend to phone Essex Admissions on Monday for her placing on the waiting list.

Sorry to not be of more help. :?
happydaddy

Post by happydaddy »

Hi all

My friend did indeed call Chelmsford County High to find that the cut off was rank 174 with a weighted score of 341.0979. Her daughter is approximately 3rd on the waiting list so still hopes to gain a place and is likely too.

Thanks.
Gracienick

Post by Gracienick »

My DD got into west cliff and I would be very interested in a later bus. Will watch with interest. Keep us posted!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now