ColCHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
GibsonES335

ColCHS

Post by GibsonES335 »

Hi

DD was close but not sure how close. I'll ring the waiting list line but curious.

Anyone accepted with a ranking greater than 149?
GibsonES335

Post by GibsonES335 »

According to CSSE, the cutoff for Colchester CHS on the first allocation was 157.
Sillysocks

Post by Sillysocks »

I know this sounds crazy, but is there any chance of getting on the waiting list for Colchester even though I did not list it on the application form?
Any advice? DD is ranked 221 for Chelmsford but would have got in to Colchester if I had known what I was doing....
GibsonES335

Post by GibsonES335 »

Sillysocks wrote:I know this sounds crazy, but is there any chance of getting on the waiting list for Colchester even though I did not list it on the application form?
Any advice? DD is ranked 221 for Chelmsford but would have got in to Colchester if I had known what I was doing....
I really don't know the answer. My instinct would be that it's unlikely. Although I did hear a few years ago that Southend Borough Council, who deal with the Westcliff and Southend High Schools, open up the waiting list in July to people who did not include them as a preference.

It will be worth talking to Essex CC in due course on this, but Southend have their own systems. Even if this were the case, it does not mean a similar system operates at Essex.

221 on Chelmsford would higher at Colchester so you may be correct.

Best wishes to you on this.
Sillysocks

Post by Sillysocks »

I have contacted the LEA and they say I should put the request in writing. It means that we will then be at the bottom of the waiting list, I believe. I suppose it is fair enough, but I am just feeling like a complete idiot for not including it in the first place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now