KEGS or Chelmsford CCHS question/answers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Re: KEGS or Chelmsford CCHS question/answers

Post by moved »

I went alone and did not feel out of place. The boys have a fab time.
KB

Post by KB »

Am sure its absolutely fine to go by yourself but wouldn't ever stop DH if he wanted to be involved - & its good for DCs to see Dad interested.
Hope all goes well.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Back from summer holidays and some silly questions coming up (apologise in advance):

1. When does school (KEGS) begin: went on the website and it clearly states YEar 7 only on 3rd Sept. But then school appears to start on 1st Sept BUT it says NON-PUPIL. So do Year 7 boys start on 3rd Sept and is it a full day?

2. First day of school: i am in 2 minds about whether to drive DS to school on the first day as it is the beginning of a new school life - or to put him on the bus so that he makes friends with the other new Year 7 boys (as no boys from his school will be on the same bus). Thoughts?

3. I am going to recheck paper work tonight - but there doesn't seem to be a list of things to take to school on the first day. Do you think we will get something in the post about it or am I missing some letters (which is possible as we were away for 3 weeks).

Thanks!
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Wow - i JUST this minute got a response from the KEGS office (via email) which answers one of my questions. Am posting it here in case others did not get the message - as i did not get the email:

I enclose below information relevant to your son which was contained in an email from Julie Vaughan, Admissions Co-ordinator.

“THE NEW TERM

The boys will start at KEGS on Friday, 3rd September 2010. We would be grateful if your son could arrive on the first day at 8.45 a.m. which is the normal registration time, as the school day is of normal length (i.e. 8.45 a.m. – 3.40 p.m.). Pupils should make their way to the main School Hall where Form Tutors will collect them. This will be a special induction day, and only Year 7 and Year 12 pupils will be in School. The pupils will not be following a normal timetable but should bring their copy of the timetable given to them in July, along with a pencil case, writing paper / pad and the ‘Welcome to KEGS’ booklet.

Could we please remind parents that they are requested not to drop off pupils in the car park but to use one of the nearby roads such as Cedar Avenue West.”

Regards

Leo Sanford
Receptionist
marigold

Post by marigold »

Thank you so much TP123,

I have already started faffing about the first day and what my son will need. He insisted that he would not need his PE kit but you never know with an 11 year old do you ?

He is doing the Greeks and Romans course there at the moment and having done the sports course in the Spring and Summer is now able to walk there and back on his own confidently so I will not be required on the first day. I haven't told him yet but I will walk with him anyway as he is my baby and it is his first day at senior school and I feel entitled to one last blub.

Marigold
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Hi Marigold

Thanks for sharing. I agree that you are entitled to one last drop off at school and then that will be it.

I have emailed Julie Vaughan now and so hope I will get added to future e-mail notices.

We were on holiday for the beginning of summer and so could not go to sports camp. Is your son enjoying the Summer camp (Greek and Roman course)?
marigold

Post by marigold »

Hi TP123,

We didn't get an email either all though I am sure we have given in our email address.

My son is loving the summer school, they went to St Albans today. Much respect to a group of teachers who can create the reaction of " absolutely brilliant " in respect of a visit to the remains of a mosaic floor.