Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:30 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:53 pm
Posts: 8
S on number 24 waiting list for westcliff and 31 for southend. Does someone know how this works? Also anyone know the cut-off for southend/wescliff grammar school? S scored 316.351, couldn't get cut-off from the council.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 3813
Location: Chelmsford and pleased
The cut-off will be different for each of the schools, you could try phoning on Monday. There is a lot of movement in the Southend school waiting lists, so sit tight. You can phone and get an update on your position or wait for the wonderful letter. Many people do not hear until the summer - so do not give up. The latest I know of was one week in to the autumn term, which is not ideal but the recipient happily bought the new uniform. Last year two girls did not turn up in September and one girl was leaving in January so three places became available in the first term.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 178
Location: Great Notley
moved wrote:
The cut-off will be different for each of the schools, you could try phoning on Monday. There is a lot of movement in the Southend school waiting lists, so sit tight. You can phone and get an update on your position or wait for the wonderful letter. Many people do not hear until the summer - so do not give up. The latest I know of was one week in to the autumn term, which is not ideal but the recipient happily bought the new uniform. Last year two girls did not turn up in September and one girl was leaving in January so three places became available in the first term.


I can`t believe that, after all that hard work and then to not turn up...unbelievable. My daughter wants to start now.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:51 pm
Posts: 80
mojoko wrote:
S on number 24 waiting list for westcliff and 31 for southend. Does someone know how this works? Also anyone know the cut-off for southend/wescliff grammar school? S scored 316.351, couldn't get cut-off from the council.


Hi Mojoko
My S number 16 on waiting list for Westcliff.....his score was 317.91....I rang Southend this morning and i could not get cut off either but the very kind lady said to ring back on 23rd March we are 'out of borough'. Iam keeping everything crossed and hoping for lots of movement on the waiting list....GOOD LUCK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:53 pm
Posts: 8
Hello all,
Thanks for your messages. S has been offered a place at Indie - am very happy. No longer waiting for a place! I hope every one get what they want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 3813
Location: Chelmsford and pleased
Congratulations on your place at indie, how lovely for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:51 pm
Posts: 80
mojoko wrote:
Hello all,
Thanks for your messages. S has been offered a place at Indie - am very happy. No longer waiting for a place! I hope every one get what they want.


Hi mojoko, thats brilliant well done to you and your S. Lucky you know more worrying about waiting lists etc....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 18
Hi mojoko, congrats!! Whats indie??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 18
Sorry is that independent school??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 2113
stressedmum! wrote:
Sorry is that independent school??

Yes another piece of forum in speak not Harrison Ford :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016