Waiting List for KEGS Chelmsford anyone know how this works?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

GibsonES335 wrote:
NOTLEY PARENTS wrote:
I hope everybody doesnt regard us 4x4 drivers like that!!! I despise those that park on the yellow lines as well.
Err?..............you can't park on yellow lines? Oh.
Actually I meant zig zags but Im sure you knew that. Funnily enough I saw one today and had to smile (through gritted teeth).

Any luck on that waiting list GibsonES335?
Romanlover98

Post by Romanlover98 »

Interesting conversation!!!!!! I know the type of parent you mean,Ducthy, no offence GibsonES335, the ones who park on the school pathway (therefore creating a traffic jam) just so they can flash off their car. Or the ones who roar their Ferraris loudly before leaving!

Anyway good luck on the waiting lists!
PS: hope you don't mind me joining in the chat
marigold

Post by marigold »

Romanlover 98 ( I assume that is as in "The Romans " rather than anything to do with Mr Polanski ? )

Of course we don't mind you joining in, you are very welcome.There is a lot of displacement activity going on at the moment to keep peoples minds off the awful waiting, we are not normally quite as obsessed with cars and yellow lines.

Happy Easter.
GibsonES335

Post by GibsonES335 »

NOTLEY PARENTS wrote:
GibsonES335 wrote:
NOTLEY PARENTS wrote:
I hope everybody doesnt regard us 4x4 drivers like that!!! I despise those that park on the yellow lines as well.
Err?..............you can't park on yellow lines? Oh.
Actually I meant zig zags but Im sure you knew that. Funnily enough I saw one today and had to smile (through gritted teeth).

Any luck on that waiting list GibsonES335?
Yes. Totally agree. It doen't matter what you drive, there's no excuse for being being a prat. You should have politely pointed out the error of his/her way!!

DD now 4 on the waiting list for Colchester. It's moving painfully slowly.

Could Romanlover98 refer to a certain Russian oligarch who lives in SW London?

BTW, I have 4 children, 2 dogs, 3 cats live where we get floods. Weekends are taxiing DCs with hockey, cricket etc bags and sometimes guitars and amps. The Smart car wasn't quite up to it!! (Tounge firmly in cheek!)
Romanlover98

Post by Romanlover98 »

Good point about the name! I mean the Romans not the Russian millonaire. Happy Easter!
dutchy005

Post by dutchy005 »

Or perhaps they wanted to wait for the letter to arrive. We only told our son tonight he had a place at WHSG even though I was informed on Monday that he had a place. Somehow it doesn't seem real until you have it in writing. Everything comes out from Chelmsford, blue frank, 2nd class so we were lucky to get it so quickly. If an allocation was made on a Wednesday, letter out on Thursday it could quite easily not arrive until Monday.
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Hello,
Just for the benefit of lurkers, or those heading towards next year's 11+.I met someone yesterday whose niece was 7 th on the waiting list and placed 178th/9th(can't remember). (CCHS Chelmsford)
She got the offer of a place just before Easter and knew of others below her who had got in.It seems the places allocated go well into the 180s in some years.
Just thought that might give someone hope as there is still the chance of other places before September.

(I know this is the KEGs thread, but couldn't find a waiting list one for CCHS Chelmsford and just good to see that lists do move :D )