KEGS waiting list.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
marigold

Post by marigold »

Apologies for any confusion.

My son came home from school last night and told me that his friend had found out on Monday. I suppose that 10 year old boys are perhaps not the most reliable of sources .

I hope that I have not given anyone false hope but I know how anxious everyone is for information and i was just passing on what I had been told. As I no longer frequent the primary school gates I rely on my children for information, will check my sources more thoroughly next time!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

maybe parents were so stunned they couldn't speak until monday - could be any reason they chose not to say anything straight away
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Maybe it came a few days ago but the parents decided to keep it from the boy until they had made a decision.You are given two weeks to consider offers from the waiting list.
fizzwizz123

Post by fizzwizz123 »

2 rejections received this morning for KEGS so it has moved up 2 places!
darkane

Post by darkane »

A boy at my ds's school just got offered place at KEGS and he was 9th on list or 186th according to his mum. Any news on any of the other boys school waiting lists?
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

That was my son's position last year! He didn't get a KEGS place though. Shows how different years can be.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Out of interest - does anyone know why we have gone lower down the list this year than previous years for KEGS?

Have there been changes in KEGS or are changes coming that we should be aware of as new parents to KEGS?

Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas.
KB

Post by KB »

There was some discussion earlier this year that there was an increase in the number sitting for the Chelmsford GS from London/Essex border.

For these boys KEGS would have been a back up option. So maybe some of these boys were near the top of the 'order of merit' but were allocated their first choice school thus allowing boys further down ther list to be offered.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I can't comment on KEGS but other schools seem to be lower down the lists as well. I think more people were probably keeping state school options open this year. I personally know two children that have turned down essex grammars for independant scholarships, and I'm sure there are many more.

Also if people apply for (and qualify for) more than one grammar school this will push the last place admitted number down as well. Sites like this mean that people are better informed of their options.
TP123

Re: KEGS waiting list.

Post by TP123 »

It was induction day at KEGs today. It was great and the boys enjoyed it. I wanted to share something on this thread that I felt was "bang out of order" - but also may give hope to the next those on the waiting list.

We received a list of the boy's who will be in our son's class. We noticed that one of the boy's (who we knew from a previous school) has accepted a place at a private school and his parents have no plans to send him to KEGS. We were outraged that the parents still had not pulled out their son's name. I can see how they would do that until perhaps April - but to leave it until July - when the person on the waiting list who could have come in today and enjoyed the induction was deprived of doing so - it was really unacceptable.

I wonder how many more people are doing this.

If you are next in the waiting list - be assured that you will have a place in September.......
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now