WHSB from North of Chelmsford?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dutchy005

WHSB from North of Chelmsford?

Post by dutchy005 »

Found out yesterday afternoon that DS has place at WHSB, just have to wait for letter from ECC now! :D

We are North of Chelmsford and wondered whether anyone else is going from this neck of the woods. The bus from Hatfield Peveril leaves incredibly early so we are looking at the coach from Rainsford Road Chelmsford which leaves at 7:37 and gets to WHSB by 8:20.

So two things:

1. all the other boys from my DS's school who got WHSB have turned it down for Indes and he know no-one who is going! It would be good to meet up with other new year 7s before they start.

2. does anyone currently have a DS who goes to Southend from this neck of the woods and how have the found it.
GibsonES335

Post by GibsonES335 »

My DS gets a private bus, operated by SBC in Southend, from Whitecourts, just south of Braintree. We live 6 miles north of Braintree. Probably not much good from HP though.
dutchy005

Post by dutchy005 »

Many thanks for that. Someone also sent me a pm about a bus that goes through springfield.

All v useful and lots to look at.

Any other new year 7s out there?
darkane

Post by darkane »

Would you be willing to say what your circumstances are.

On another thread I let it slip that we had made a late application to WHSB which really set the cat amongst the pigeons! I just wondered whether you had done the same or were on the original list. I have looked at your other postings and suspect you may be in a similar position to myself so I would be interested in knowing whether your DS had a much higher score than mine. I know that late applications are now being added and DSs being placed in their rightful position by result so it would be good to have an idea of how far down the list we are. Southend is being very secretive so your story is of interest to me particularly as the WHSB thread which has been incredibly active has suddenly gone silent!
dutchy005

Post by dutchy005 »

Yes have sent you PM with full information regarding all I know as of yesterday afternoon, and DS's scores how many late appliations added etc
darkane

Post by darkane »

:D :D :D :D :D :D
THank you thank you thank you thank you.

Spot on.

Just called Southend and DS has been given a place!!!! Now just have to bite nails and wait for letter. All the last applicants hadn't been added to list so you were absolutely right, thank you sooooooooooooo much.

With your DS's marks surely a place for CRGS will follow though but if not good luck with the appeal.

Anyway at least your DS is at WHSB so many congratulations, even more thanks and the very very best wishes to you!

:D :D :D :D :D
dutchy005

Post by dutchy005 »

Congratulations glad I could help. It does seem a little haphazard though. I really hope the list continues to move this week because I know many many people are waiting and I feel for them.

In terms of CRGS waiting list has only moved 4 places since 8 March so although DS did very well we are just a bit too far out to realistically expect a place, hence the late application to WHSB.

So any new year 7s out there from east or north of chelmsford who would like to get their DSs together before September?

THank you for all the feedback have booked a seat on SBC coach which has really knocked some time off journey. In fact had I known about it in the first place would haven't have had this issue because would have put WHSB on form - we only used 3 places! So anyone out there with this coming up next year, put a Southend Grammar in, you may find the journey more bearable than you think it will be and you can always reject place if you decide it isn't.

Anyway best of best luck for all those still waiting all I can say is keep on the phone!
essexdad

Bus to WHSB

Post by essexdad »

Our son travels to WHSB from Felsted by private people carrier. It stops at Beaulieu Park at 7.40 and then continues without stopping to WHSB. Returns to Beaulieu Park at 4.10 apx. This is a service set up by parents and we currently have one spare seat. Driver is CRB checked and all appropriate Insurances are in place. Our son is in year 7 and the arrangement has worked brilliantly for us.
dutchy005

Post by dutchy005 »

Many thanks for information. Unfortunately we are more North East of Chelmsford. Nonetheless, for anyone else out there in this area, Essexdad has something really good working here and I would be more than happy to look at trying to sort something out for anyone on A12 corridor between Chelmsford and, say Kelvedon bringing in Tiptree, Cressing for example. THe bus from Hatfield Peverel leaves really early and if enough of us could get a group together to organise a taxi/mini-bus with somewhere near here as the last point before it heads straight to Westcliff that might make a lot of differece.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now