Waiting and waiting and waiting....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jessie

Waiting and waiting and waiting....

Post by Jessie »

Just wondered if some of you had advice about coping with the waiting. We don't get results until March, which actually isn't that far away but feels like an eternity to wait. :roll:
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

The answer is chocolate...and lots of it. :lol:

I'm kidding. Yes we're nearly all in the same boat I guess...no fun waiting and going through the scenarios in your mind. The build up of tension is enormous though - I may well hijack my postman as soon as he gets out of his van!
Maths Man

Waiting Game

Post by Maths Man »

Jessie / Bo Peep,

You should read the this thread below from Berkshire part of the forum, especially "JuliaB" postings - how she dealt with the waiting game, very very amusing:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... sc&start=0
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

Thank you Maths Man, that was actually very funny and I was frantically trying to find out if Julia B's son passed. He did! Hurrah!!! I shared a brief moment of elation and then got back to the somehow vital and most important business of concentrating on March.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Sorry have no wonderful advice about coping other than keeping busy and reading this forum. :P

Yesterday had a roller coaster of thoughts and emotions, have applied electronically via Reading Council for Reading Grammar and second choice a comp. in Oxfordshire. Yesterday Oxfordshire phoned saying during data transfer details of junior school were lost and could I update them so they could further my application.

My immediate thought was this means we have missed Reading Grammar, after web searching both authorities it looks like they exchange offers by 20th January and then resolve multiple offers.

So here's hoping our name is still in the hat !
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

Oh I hope so Steve...

Still waiting... Might take up knitting....how about a complete grammar school uniform? My child would never forgive me! :lol:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Bo Peep,

After the waiting we have the dealing with the result followed by other peoples reactions and other children's results.

So plenty of stress to look forward to. :lol:

Here's hoping for everybody. From time to time fatigue sets in and I think 'what will be will be' and I relax.

Then I start to over analyse all the available and hypothetical information and the madness of mind returns.

Is this the ' joy of being a parent'?

stevew61
moth

waiting and waiting

Post by moth »

Not very helpful I know but just wanted to offer sympathies. Been through it 3 times and no more, thankfully. Nasty, nasty experience all round.
ButtyBoo

Post by ButtyBoo »

Just saw this thread and had to offer my sympathies too. I found last year that the wait after Christmas for March was agony. Take consolation that there are many parents in the same situation and thank goodness for this forum (which I didn’t find until after I’d received my son’s results!)

Post by Guest »

ButtyBoo wrote:Just saw this thread and had to offer my sympathies too. I found last year that the wait after Christmas for March was agony. Take consolation that there are many parents in the same situation and thank goodness for this forum (which I didn’t find until after I’d received my son’s results!)
I went through it last year as well and I found this forum kept me sane! It is a terribly long wait - they should have left the exam in January if they weren't going to move the result date forward - ridiculous!