School League Tables

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

School League Tables

Post by Guest »

I thought the Essex schools did well, particuarly the grammars. Once again, Chelmsford County High came top in the country for GCSE's by quite a few points! Nice to know our grammars are up there with the best!
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Average GCSE Points per pupil (for those that missed it)

England Average 365.0
Essex LA Average 372.4

SHSB 502.3
SHSG 510.0
WHSB 532.6
WHSG 555.4
KEGS 565.3
CRGS 573.2
ColCHSG 613.3
ChelCHSG 738.1
Karen

Post by Karen »

That's just great news. And great news too, is that the local comp, which my son will go to if he doesn't get a grammar place, has been designated as Outstanding by OFSTED Smiles all round! :D

Hope all is well with you.
K
moth

league tables

Post by moth »

Yes, congratulations to all the schools who did so well but when will it be realised that the results of a school depend almost entirely on the intake ability of its pupils.

When a comp in a difficult area and/or with a challenging intake gets a really good score, that's worth saying something about and indeed many have done but we should expect it from the grammars, not that they are not excellent schools, yes, in the main they are but they also have first rate academic ability pupils in the main, too.

Look at the value added scores this year for both comps and grammars and you will see, perhaps, where I am coming from.

I have a child in a good grammar and I am very pleased with the school but I do realise that its excellent annual results are due to its excellent annual intake.

Teachers out there, please don't be offended. I just feel strongly that the teachers at both grammars and comps work equally hard to get their pupils to achieve their potential. Its just that often Jo Public doesn't seem interested in the background info, just the results.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now