Westcliff and Southend High for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
greying parent

Westcliff and Southend High for Girls

Post by greying parent »

Out of interest.....does anyone know how many sat the test at both Westcliff High for Girls and Southend High for Girls. I'm in catchment so am looking for details of how many applied INNER AREA only. Realise outer area and inner area combined it's normally around 700 for Westcliff High and 600 odd for Southend High. So I'm looking for details of what the split was. A few years ago, IN CATCHMENT, it was 300 for Southend and 340 for Westcliff so baring in mind parents normally put both schools down as a preference a child had approx 220/350 chance of getting in as long as they passed (there are 110 catchment places at each school). Any one asked the CSSE?
moved

Re: Westcliff and Southend High for Girls

Post by moved »

I don't know. May I suggest that you call CSSE and then let us know.
greying parent

Re: Westcliff and Southend High for Girls

Post by greying parent »

I did phone the c.s.s.e and although they couldn't be specific about the breakdown of inner and outer catchment entrants they could confirm that 665 opted for Southend High for Girls and 799 opted for Westcliff High School for Girls. One must bare in mind, I was informed, that this does not mean nearly 1500 girls actually sat the exam but that parents put the schools on their application forms as one of their 5 choices. Baring in mind many parents, myself included, include both schools on their form, we can probably conclude that on average approx 730 pupils are applying for the 300 places available at the two schools. Of the 730, historically, around 350/ 400 are out of catchment leaving approx 330 chasing the 210 inner catchment places. Of course, if the inner catchment pupils don't make the grade the places available are offered to the outer catchment pupils. This is normally the case at whsg.......historically. Sorry for the late reply!!!!!!