Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:57 am 

Just wondered if any of you out there are starting EARLY with the old nerves?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:55 pm 

It's a very long agonising wait. I want to know one way or another - either result is fine, it's just the not knowing that I find frustrating!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:28 pm 

Everyday I think about it as you said either way is fine but its the not knowing that is unbearable. Only 4 weeks to go. Good luck everyone xx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:53 pm 

Have a half term holiday if you can. You can look forward to the holiday and by the time you are back there will only be a few days until the appointed day.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:45 pm 

At the moment all i am thinking about is taking my daughter to see THE SATURDAYS. She doesnt know about it and just want to see her face light up. BUT i am also desperate to know what her fate is, what a long 4 weeks this will be

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:31 pm 

running girl wrote:

Starting "early" with the nerves??? Once I got Christmas out of the way I settled down to a good long worry. Funnily enough, not that concerned about DD not getting into Grammar. She's a much more down to earth adaptable child than she was when I first started 11 plus plotting a couple of years ago and I think she'll do well wherever she goes. I just don't want her to feel like a failure because she wasn't, on the day, one of the very top of the very top. I know a fair few 11 plus not-quites who still, as adults, have hang ups about it. Believe this is one of the reasons why DD's school is quite anti 11 plus - head teacher was an 11 plus near miss himself!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:26 pm 

push-pull-mum wrote:
running girl wrote:

Starting "early" with the nerves??? Once I got Christmas out of the way I settled down to a good long worry. Funnily enough, not that concerned about DD not getting into Grammar. She's a much more down to earth adaptable child than she was when I first started 11 plus plotting a couple of years ago and I think she'll do well wherever she goes. I just don't want her to feel like a failure because she wasn't, on the day, one of the very top of the very top.

Exactly my thoughts. I am so deeply proud of my DS regardless of result but I cannot get it out of my head! Counting down the days 28 to go!

Good luck everyone x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:23 pm 

Hopefuldad wrote:
At the moment all i am thinking about is taking my daughter to see THE SATURDAYS. She doesnt know about it and just want to see her face light up. BUT i am also desperate to know what her fate is, what a long 4 weeks this will be

I've just got tickets for me and my daughter to see X Factor Live tour. I can't wait to tell her on March 1st she will be thrilled with the tickets whatever the outcome of the exam. Good Luck to all our gorgeous children.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:10 pm 

I am very nervous as the time is ticking closer.

I am trying to tell myself that it does not matter, whatever the outcome, and off course I will be so proud of him no matter what. But we did not put out DC, and ourselves through all this to not mind what the outcome is.

Just 20 days to go now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:45 pm 

almostdone wrote:
I am trying to tell myself that it does not matter, whatever the outcome, and off course I will be so proud of him no matter what. But we did not put out DC, and ourselves through all this to not mind what the outcome is.

Very very true!! I am glad I am not the only one who is constantly thinking about it! My DH doesn't understand what all the fuss is about so I am keeping all of it inside - so grateful to everyone on this site for helping me to remain sane!!!

Good luck everyone!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next