Anyone starting to get nervous?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Re: Anyone starting to get nervous?

Post by moved »

Second time was worse for us too. But I didn't realise what we were up against with DC1, who fortunately got through. With DC2 we knew the difficulties and she already worried that she was not as good as her brother. Hence more pressure.
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

Sounds like we will be supporting each other again in a few years time then!
Oh the joys of parenthood!
KB

Post by KB »

A thought to cheer you up folks - this is just the start :)

If like us you get the age spacing of your DCs wrong then you could have 14 consecutive summers of external exam results (ranging from GCSE to Uni finals)

At least with most exams they can have 'another go' - the only thing so far that was as bad as 11+ results day was Oxbridge offer day............

Seriously - thought and prayers are with everyone waiting for the results - it is a horrid time.

A crum of comfort that may reassure - I know many children who didnt get a GS place in this area who have gone on to qualify as vets and doctors and to get places at top Universities.

And for those who are not as successful as older siblings - please remind them that it is not the same test year on year and that the competition differs. An older sibling who was awarded a GS place one year may not have managed it this year - straight comparisons are not possible. (My eldest & youngest both got places at the same GS but one was virtually at the bottom of those awarded a place and the other at the top - this is in no way a fair reflection of their relative abilities!)

Will be thinking of you all.
optimisticmom

Post by optimisticmom »

Yes, it is very hard not to be nervous. I remember waiting for Bexley and Kent results last year before the CSSE exams. My friends called me to say they had received theirs and any minute now the dreaded notification would appear on my screen. To say I trembled is an understatement. Kent online flashed across my screen and I froze in place! My fingers trembled as I pressed the open icon to reveal the contents, then I read from bottom to top, right to left trying to avoid any words that were untoward...but there weren't any and it was fabulous news.

Now I feel the anxiety all over.....but it's good to know that I can reach out on this forum and feel part of a team that encourages and uplifts.

Roughly two weeks to go now........
natnats

Post by natnats »

LESS THAN 3 WEEKS TO GO. SON HAD 1 MARCH ETCHED ON HIS MIND. TRY TO PLAY IT DOWN BUT CANT HELP NERVES. FIRST TIME FOR ME, HAVE A 7 YEAR OLD SO HAVE IT ALL TO LOOK FORWARD TO IN 3 YEARS TIME
natnats

Post by natnats »

FORGOT TO ASK THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS, I REGISTERED WITH COUNCIL AND CSSE ON LINE. DOES THAT MEAN AT 12.01 ON 1 MARCH I WILL FIND OUT OR WILL I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AFTERNOON OF 1ST. JUST WANT TO BE PUT OUT OF MY MISERY ASAP
:shock:
moved

Post by moved »

Are you Essex CC or Southend BC? If Essex you can log on from 00:01 and if Southend you should get an email in the morning.

PS Forum rules are to avoid uppercase words as they can be seen as shouting.
natnats

Post by natnats »

Southend BC..........so just have to wait I suppose. Sorry about upper case. Forgot to unlock caps
moved

Post by moved »

At least in Southend you can go to sleep and not spend all night trying to get on to the website.

My first Southend pupil phoned me at 7.30am last year to let me know his good news. So not too bad anymore.
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

I have booked 1st march off work in case I am up all night trying to get on site!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now