What happens on March 1st?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

purplerose69

Re: What happens on March 1st?

Post by purplerose69 »

Just being curious. You stated above that we would be given information about 2 grammar schools if we applied for more than one. I always thought that every child is allocated only one school. And if he/she fails all the schools in the CAF and is not selected, then the LA will place the child to a school, wherever there is a vacancy. Could please someone clarify?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

You will only be allocated one school. CSSE supply information relating to where your DC was ranked, at each school you applied to.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Hi purplerose69, I used the example of two grammar schools because they were our first two choices and we were lucky to be offered our first choice of school. However, we were still given a ranking for the second grammar school that we applied for. You are only given one school, hopefully one of your original choices but, worst case scenario, you will be given a school (not on your original list) where there are places available. Hope everything works out well for you next week.
essexdad1

Post by essexdad1 »

Just wanted to know the exact procedude of knowing the results after midnight tomorrow....

Do I just log on to the capita website with the login and password for the same or I have to navigate to some other place on the website?

Currently when I log on, I get to only view the 4 options which I have filled in.

Could someone please clarify the same.
Another worried Mum

Post by Another worried Mum »

Just log in with the same details as you have done in the past. You will still see the list of schools which you originally selected as part of your application. What will change is that there will be a comment next to the listed schools to tell you which one has been allocated.

Remember that you won't see details of any 11+ scores or ranking - that will come by separate notification from CSSE!

Good luck! :)
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

When you log in choose view or edit existing applications

You will get a button labelled

View offer Information

above the one that currently says Print

Click on it!

Best of luck for your DC
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

The thing I find strange is that they don't remove previous school applications, so when I log in I can still see my sons' secondary and primary applications from a few years ago.

I assumed the account would be child specific rather than parent.
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

Aargh!! I decided to log on to Capita site as a sort of dry run for tomorrow night and the unthinkable has happened! Capita recognise neither my password (which I admit I may have got wrong) nor my mother's maiden name (which I certainly have not!) Have just sent email to essex admissions begging for help. What do you reckon are my chances of getting my password in the next 24 hours?

Take my advice folks - and go for the dry run!
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I had this problem two years ago. Do you keep your old emails - if so look back to when you originally applied and you will find an email confirming the password you set. If you have deleted it then sorry I cant help. :(
cinnamonstick

Post by cinnamonstick »

I have just tried logging on. Thankfully I had kept a note of email add and password used. It has DD details from 4yrs ago still on, and also DS details.
Roll on tomorrow.

https://emsonline.essexcc.gov.uk/admit_transfer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is the link I used....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now