Anyone starting to get nervous?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
running girl

Anyone starting to get nervous?

Post by running girl »

Just wondered if any of you out there are starting EARLY with the old nerves?
Alexandra

Re: Anyone starting to get nervous?

Post by Alexandra »

It's a very long agonising wait. I want to know one way or another - either result is fine, it's just the not knowing that I find frustrating!!
carolben

Post by carolben »

Everyday I think about it as you said either way is fine but its the not knowing that is unbearable. Only 4 weeks to go. Good luck everyone xx
moved

Post by moved »

Have a half term holiday if you can. You can look forward to the holiday and by the time you are back there will only be a few days until the appointed day.
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

At the moment all i am thinking about is taking my daughter to see THE SATURDAYS. She doesnt know about it and just want to see her face light up. BUT i am also desperate to know what her fate is, what a long 4 weeks this will be
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

running girl wrote:Just wondered if any of you out there are starting EARLY with the old nerves?
Starting "early" with the nerves??? Once I got Christmas out of the way I settled down to a good long worry. Funnily enough, not that concerned about DD not getting into Grammar. She's a much more down to earth adaptable child than she was when I first started 11 plus plotting a couple of years ago and I think she'll do well wherever she goes. I just don't want her to feel like a failure because she wasn't, on the day, one of the very top of the very top. I know a fair few 11 plus not-quites who still, as adults, have hang ups about it. Believe this is one of the reasons why DD's school is quite anti 11 plus - head teacher was an 11 plus near miss himself!!
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

push-pull-mum wrote:
running girl wrote:Just wondered if any of you out there are starting EARLY with the old nerves?
Starting "early" with the nerves??? Once I got Christmas out of the way I settled down to a good long worry. Funnily enough, not that concerned about DD not getting into Grammar. She's a much more down to earth adaptable child than she was when I first started 11 plus plotting a couple of years ago and I think she'll do well wherever she goes. I just don't want her to feel like a failure because she wasn't, on the day, one of the very top of the very top.
Exactly my thoughts. I am so deeply proud of my DS regardless of result but I cannot get it out of my head! Counting down the days 28 to go!

Good luck everyone x
almostdone

Post by almostdone »

Hopefuldad wrote:At the moment all i am thinking about is taking my daughter to see THE SATURDAYS. She doesnt know about it and just want to see her face light up. BUT i am also desperate to know what her fate is, what a long 4 weeks this will be
I've just got tickets for me and my daughter to see X Factor Live tour. I can't wait to tell her on March 1st she will be thrilled with the tickets whatever the outcome of the exam. Good Luck to all our gorgeous children.
jacksmum

Post by jacksmum »

I am very nervous as the time is ticking closer.

I am trying to tell myself that it does not matter, whatever the outcome, and off course I will be so proud of him no matter what. But we did not put out DC, and ourselves through all this to not mind what the outcome is.

Just 20 days to go now.
colchestermum

Post by colchestermum »

almostdone wrote:I am trying to tell myself that it does not matter, whatever the outcome, and off course I will be so proud of him no matter what. But we did not put out DC, and ourselves through all this to not mind what the outcome is.
Very very true!! I am glad I am not the only one who is constantly thinking about it! My DH doesn't understand what all the fuss is about so I am keeping all of it inside - so grateful to everyone on this site for helping me to remain sane!!!

Good luck everyone!