how to analyse results!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
seenjean

how to analyse results!!!!

Post by seenjean »

hi all

New member here, thought i would share my daughters results with you all. Not quite sure how to analyse.

First things first, must just congratulate her on gaining a place at Westcliff High, we live out of catchment and didn't think she stood a chance, but hey she's worked hard for this and made us very very proud!

English Score 23/50
Mathematics score 25/40
Verbal Reasoning Score 56/80

weighted score of: 321.252

Westcliff High School for Girls
Total Applicants: 803
Your Ranked Position: 203
Applicants on your ranked list: 462

can anyone answer if this means 803 children applied in and out of catchment,???? she was 'ranked' 203, have no idea what this means, also 462 on list..... i am confused!!!

The main thing is she is in and as a family we are buzzing to say the least!

would love to hear from anyone who could answer my questions

Many thanks :D
Beansmum

Re: how to analyse results!!!!

Post by Beansmum »

The result means that 803 in total put Westcliff somewhere on their list, and 462 were out of catchment. I'm not 100% certain, but I think from the wording that she was 203rd on the out of catchment list - which just means again that the 202 above her put Westcliff somewhere on their application - and being out of catchment a lot would have put London schools down (there are some selective schools there - I know Redbridge has some), as well as those putting Chelmsford and/or Colchester. Well done to your daughter!
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

Think you are spot on Beansmum.
Seenjean if you get the chance perhaps post the results in the 2011 scores thread set up by moved, it may well help someone else.
seenjean

Post by seenjean »

Beansmum wrote:The result means that 803 in total put Westcliff somewhere on their list, and 462 were out of catchment. I'm not 100% certain, but I think from the wording that she was 203rd on the out of catchment list - which just means again that the 202 above her put Westcliff somewhere on their application - and being out of catchment a lot would have put London schools down (there are some selective schools there - I know Redbridge has some), as well as those putting Chelmsford and/or Colchester. Well done to your daughter!

thanks for that, i think you are right, sorry just sent you a PM by mistake, ment to reply here! New to this! lol
seenjean

Post by seenjean »

kaynor wrote:Think you are spot on Beansmum.
Seenjean if you get the chance perhaps post the results in the 2011 scores thread set up by moved, it may well help someone else.
hi there Kaynor

have done that, thanks for the tip and i hope it helps people!

regards