Patience is a virtue

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Louise2

Post by Louise2 »

Bo Peep

So sorry to hear your news, isn't it heartbreaking when they have worked so damned hard. I feel really flat today my daughter was one of the favourites to get a place at our grammar (Tiffin Girls) but it wasn't to be. Already posted on the Surrey site was just browsing to see how others fared across the country.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Guest29 wrote:my son didn't pass, we did keep him off today, all disappointed but its not the end of the world, he got a place at a good comp. I am sure he will do fine there and this time next year I will wonder what I was worrying about. Well done to all those who got their first choice and chin up to those who didn't.
Sorry to hear your news. That happened to us the first time round. You are right, though, this time next year you will wonder what the worrying was about. Our son has done very well at the comp and is expected to get excellent GSCE grades.

All the best.
K
Rosey

Post by Rosey »

Bo Peep, I am so sorry to hear your news, I do not know what to say that hasn't already been said. I truly hope things work out for you .
Give your boy a big hug from us.
Laid back Son,Worried Mum

Post by Laid back Son,Worried Mum »

Sorry to hear your news ..just got onto your county.

It's hard and i feel so useless as I can't really help but please know we have you( and all the others who have not had good results that ) in our thoughts not just for today but the future..whatever you are doing ,have faith.You are such a dynamic person..this is NOT going to floor you!
BikerMice

Post by BikerMice »

Hi

Gutted to hear your news Bo Peep and also for all who did not get what they had hoped for.

Cannot really add much more to all the kind thoughts/wishes already expressed.

The children of all on this website should be proud of themselves.

As should all the parents.

BikerMice
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

gulp - don't really know what to say Bo Peep

So sorry for you and your son - sure things will work out fine in the end, but that's probably not much consolation just now.

Take care

Shrimps
SomethingAboutMary

Post by SomethingAboutMary »

Bo Peep,

Very sorry to hear your devastating news.

From experience I can tell you that there is a very professional and dedicated lady that runs the Appeals section of this forum (Etienne) and when you are up to it please start by visiting her section on Appeals on the main part of this webiste before looking at the forum.

Her advice is the best in the business.

Once again my heart goes out to you both. We are here to support you.

SAM
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

I really don't know where to begin.

I am so overwhelmed by your kindness and support. I really can't go into things right now because the tears....

When school finished today my son came bounding up towards me with the hugest grin on his face. I managed to keep it all together until we got home and then told him. I think for a while it was just shock and then the tears flowed. He tried to take it like a little man but then the floodgates opened. My heart felt like it was in a mangle.

SAM we are going to appeal - and I have contacted Etienne who has been very supportive and helpful even at this early stage.

I still haven't told my son what school he was actually allocated. He hasn't even asked, his whole focus has been on not getting into the grammar - nothing else seems to matter.

I want to respond to everyone individually but right now I just feel so wiped out - when I feel a bit stronger I will be charting our appeal in the appeals section so hopefully there will be some good news - we can but hope.

Once again congratulations to all those of you who are celebrating today - I sincerely mean that, and God bless you all for your kindness to me and my little man.
Jess

Post by Jess »

Bo Peep, don't know what to say except to echo everything that has been said already. You and your son deserve better than this.
HP

Post by HP »

Bo Peep

Have just found your results, I'm so very sorry that you didn't receive the news that you wanted. System absolutely fails wonderful children such as your son, read that you're going to appeal, what a wonderful Mum you are

Hope your son is OK today

HP
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now