Essex consortium results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Essex mum

Post by Essex mum »

Hi Boo,

They do not have a pass mark in Essex. Approximately 6800 children take the 11+ for the Essex Grammers. There are 4 boys and 4 girls schools, 4 of these schools take at least 75% from catchment. As you can imagine not many children get places. Chelmsford schools are the most over subscribed as they are a few minutes walk from the train and bus stations. About 80% of children come into Chelmsford from other areas as it is so accessible. Therefore, Essex does not have a pass mark. The child who gets the highest mark gets their first choice offered and they go down the list until the schools are full. Then they stop offering! It is not a matter of pass or fail. It is just a matter of getting a VERY high pass.
disko105

Re: Essex consortium results

Post by disko105 »

Anonymous wrote:
Flapjack wrote:Out of interest, did anyone out there who had been through the process in Essex before, have a child taking the Essex test last time around.

If so, what did you think about the results format this time? I remember that I finally got through to the CSSE on the Monday (they had been inundated with calls from parents, etc, who didn't really understand the marks) and came off the phone several minutes later no better informed.

My guess is that they might change the result format back this time.
I have just spoken to the CSSE and they told me that their letter this year will show your childs result for each paper and what position they came for each school you put down e.g CCHSG 100/500; Westcliff 200/700 etc. She also confirmed that while they send the letters 1st class on 6th March, the county council may send the letters 2nd class on 1st March which I find ridiculous considering by that time I will have pulled all of my hair out!