WESTCLIFF HIGH SCHOOL FOR GIRLS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Chardan

Post by Chardan »

Goldjag

Thank you for your congratulations and your thoughts. Its always great to get an opinion from someone who has already been through the experience and I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

From my understanding, most of the schools undertake some kind of 'Baseline assessment' so not that unusual
GOLDJAG

Post by GOLDJAG »

Hi Charden

Your welcome with the advise. My understanding is that these are base line tests, as her best friend who went to the local comp, also took them, but in the September, at least they out of the way. They don't affect which class they will be as this has already been decided prior to the two day induction when they meet their form teacher

A new concept which was tried out last year, was a booklet with homework in for each child to complete over the six weeks holiday, its not too bad as its mostly fun things, like art, cooking and PE.

If you need to know anything else, feel free to ask.

regards Goldjag
Chardan

Post by Chardan »

DiW

Please tell your DD that we are trying to send a reply to her message, but keep getting stuck in Outbox!!!

Will be in touch soon!!
DiW

Post by DiW »

I've just got the internet back after being without it (and email) since the weekend - nightmare! I'll let her know that a message should be on the way soon.....
Have a lovely long weekend.
apple crumble

Post by apple crumble »

deleted.
Chardan

Top Tips

Post by Chardan »

Hello Apple Crumble

So glad to hear that you are happy - Any top tips for the New Year 7's please??

Thanks
jojojo

goldjag

Post by jojojo »

Hi Goldjag remember me from last year? - well E did it and will be going from September - what time does your daughter get the bus in the morning??? many thanks for all your help re revision for 11+
There are two girls going from Hullbridge this year !!!!
GOLDJAG

Post by GOLDJAG »

Hi Jo

Great to hear from you, that's fantastic news re E going to WHSG, pass on out congratulations to her, I bet she is on cloud nine at the moment. E will absolutely love the school K has done really well since moving up and enjoys the travelling as much as the school its self. I had heard about the other girl as she lives down the same road as us.

K catches the 502 at Wickford Shotgate, which is a school bus for WHSG, WHSB, St Thomas the SHSB, and they have great fun, lots of friends made, she now refuses to let me take her to school as I now work locally instead of in London. The reason we chose the 502 over the Stephen's coaches was down to cost and also it leaves later and arrives home earlier as the 502 dosen't go to SHSG.

If E would like any advise or would like to ask K any questions, you are more than happy to pop round over the holiday. Let me know and I will send you a PM with our address, if not feel free to ask any questions over the site.

Again congratulations to E, as I know they all have to work so hard to stand a chance of getting a place.

Best regards
J
jojojo

goldjag reply

Post by jojojo »

HI DID SEND YOU A PM REPLY NOT SURE IF YOU GOT IT ? HOPE YOU DIDNT THINK THAT I WAS BEING RUDE..........HAVE SPOTTED AN 825 BUS TRAVELLING FROM RAYLEIGH STATION EACH MORNING.....DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ROUTE? J.
GOLDJAG

School buses

Post by GOLDJAG »

Hi Jo

I've just sent you a PM.

J
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now