When is swimming @ CCHS? :)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cinders

When is swimming @ CCHS? :)

Post by cinders »

Hi All,

Just wondering if any parent on this forum know when the girls start their swimming in Y7.

I bought my daughter the swimming costume but it's just a little bit on the snug side around the thigh. If they do swimming at start of Y7 in Sept it should be OK. However, if they don't actually need it till next term in 2012, then I should exchange it for the next size up.

Thanks for your help! :D
moved

Re: When is swimming @ CCHS? :)

Post by moved »

The girls swim during the winter terms. If she swims in the squad she will need another squad suit too.
cinders

Post by cinders »

Thanks for that Moved. You're always a great source of information! :D

I guess I'll keep the current size then, because I know that if I go for the next size up it'd be a better fit around the thigh but too loose around the chest area!!!

I bought the shorts today and noticed it has "CHS" printed on it. Should it not be "CCHS"? It can't be a printing error can it? :?

Clubsports have been out of stock on skorts for a while now. Is it strictly compulsory that this item be purchased from them as I just want to complete her kit asap so that it's one less thing to worry about?
The "compulsory" hockey socks they supply seems to be just standard where one can buy it in any sports outlet.
moved

Post by moved »

Not sure about sports stuff. Socks just have to be the right colour. Dd was allowed to wear plain navy joggers as she was too small for the school ones. They are generally strict with uniform though.
marigold

Post by marigold »

I would agree with moved's comment about the school being strict with uniform. My daughter has had a PE kit check every term and despite never having worn the navy knickers has to produce them each time.
The reason they have their names embroidered on the front of their PE shirts is not only to help the teachers learn their names but to prevent girls borrowing kit they have forgotten to bring in in order to avoid detentions.

This does not seem to be the case at KEGS however, as once my son took his sister's PE shirt from the pile by mistake and wore a CCHS polo with a girl's name on for basketball, no more than a raised eyebrow from the teacher!
moved

Post by moved »

Agreed KEGS seem much more laid back all round. I think they know their boys well! Not so laid back about untucked shirts though.

I have DD's PE kit at home, the shorts do just have one C. DD is away at the moment but all of her kit seems well used. If they play a lot of sport they are allowed to remain in kit during the day (holds nose with disgust icon required).
cinders

Post by cinders »

Thanks for a little insight into the world of CCHS!!! :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now