No names please - scores and schools will be useful

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I think this is confusing more than anything. i don't mean to be rude, but how can anyone be offered a place at KEGS with a score of 59 on the VR? I had a child start there a couple of years ago and i don't know anyone in his class that got less than 81 on the VR. Maybe it is a very low scoring year.
His English score is very high (40/50) I believe.

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:
Overall standardised weighted score
Could someone please explain what this figure is out of.

Doesn't make sense. If 3 tests are sat at a max score of 100% per test, max score would be 300. But these scores are coming in at 300+. :?

Would greatly appreciate some clarification.

Thanks
roughly, 50%VR + 25% math + 25% English

Post by Guest »

roughly, 50%VR + 25% math + 25% English
Thankyou, but sorry to be a pain, it still doesn't make sense.

What does e.g 380 standardised score relate to. Was it 380/400??

Still unclear :(

Also, Thank you for everyone posting this information it really does help give an indication as to what to aim for in the tests :)

Post by Guest »

Could someone please explain what this figure is out of.

Doesn't make sense. If 3 tests are sat at a max score of 100% per test, max score would be 300. But these scores are coming in at 300+. Confused

Would greatly appreciate some clarification.
I spoke to CSSE today and they said it wasn't "out of" anything - but that the top mark would be 390.

This would equate to 130 in each of the three subjects - only 2% of the pupils would expect to score higher than 130 in a standardised test. There is an explanation at:
http://www.nfer.ac.uk/research-areas/as ... -ranks.cfm

Not sure how the weighting for the VR works though :?

Post by Guest »

English 41/50
Maths 40/45
VR 85/90

Overall standardised score 388.556

Schools:
Chelmsford Girls 5/598

Post by Guest »

This would equate to 130 in each of the three subjects - only 2% of the pupils would expect to score higher than 130 in a standardised test.There is an explanation at:
Thankyou, A lot clearer now. :D

Post by Guest »

From the CSSE information guide:

The final scores for individual papers, after mathematical standardisation, are themselves weighted. VR being worth 50% of the total marks, English and Maths 25% each.

So take the raw marks for each paper. Then standardise them eg this year a score of 40 on the English exam is likely to be worth near to the 130 mark, whereas if the paper had been easier it would have been worth less.

The total score will be: (SS=Standardised Score)

0.5xSS for VR + 0.25xSS for Maths + 0.25xSS for English

Hope that helps

Post by Guest »

The results all seem quite odd! Lower than I'd expected to get in - papers must have been very hard!

Post by Guest »

English 42/50
Maths 35/45
VR 77/90

Standardised Score: 375.13

Offered a place at Colchester County High School (1st choice) placed 18 out of 478.

Very proud of her :lol:
tammy

Post by tammy »

Anyone got shsb out of catchment scores yet we have not received ours yet. would be interested to see the cut of between the schools as we were not offered our higher ranking school KEGS and are 50th in the waiting list!!!