Train Stations near southend schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Zeezeemum

Train Stations near southend schools

Post by Zeezeemum »

Can someone please tell me the nearest train stations for Southend School for Girls and also Westcliff Girls. Thank you.
kaynor

Re: Train Stations near southend schools

Post by kaynor »

For SHSG
Fenchurch St -> Southend Line = Southend East
Liverpoool St -> Southend Line = Southend Victoria
See http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 15&t=19313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more information.

For WHSG
Fenchurch St -> Southend Line = Chalkwell.
For more information see post just below "Travel Laindon (Basildon) to WHSB" WHSG is next to WHSB.
Zeezeemum

Post by Zeezeemum »

Thanks so much for the info Kaynor. I was hoping you would come along as you seem so knowledgeable about the southend schools and you didn't disappoint! :D Many many thanks.
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

Depends where you are travelling from. If you are on the Liverpool Street to Southend Victoria line and want to get to WHSB or WHSG then they go to either Prittlewell or Southend Victoria and get the train up to school.

In case anyone wants the same info for SHSB, the boys go to Prittlewell and walk to school.

Hope that helps
Zeezeemum

Post by Zeezeemum »

Thanks mum of boys. That is also very useful as I would be travelling from the city to go to the open evening and Fenchurch Street and Liverpool street are within easy access. Does anyone know whether there is parking near the schools as I would be meeting DH and DD at the schools as they would be making their way there by car.
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

"If you are on the Liverpool Street to Southend Victoria line and want to get to WHSB or WHSG then they go to either Prittlewell or Southend Victoria and get the train up to school."

Do you mean............get the bus up to school?

When we went Westcliff they parked us on one of the playing fields near the school.
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

Thanks Kaynor. Clearly I should have gone to bed rather than posting badly thought out comments on the forum!!
Yes - I did mean get the bus up to school.

Zeezeemum - There is quite a lot of parking in the roads round the Westcliff schools if the car parking is full.
moved

Post by moved »

Thorpe Bay is the nearest station to SHSG. It is on the Fenchurch St line. Plenty of girls walk from the station together in the morning and evening.

It is a bit more of a palaver from Southend Victoria as there is the bus on top. When we lived in Thorpe Bay and the children commuted to Chelmsford they didn't like the bus from Southend Victoria to home on top of their journey and fortunately only took it on a couple of occasions.

Can you get a school bus instead as they are very sociable?
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

Southend East & Thorpe Bay are both about 1 mile away, thought most girls get off at Southend East because it is the 1st stop coming from the Fenchurch Street end? Also probably cheaper :)
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

Yes, as Kaynor said, they do walk from Southend East to SHSG as it is equidistant from both stations. It takes about 15 minutes at a brisk pace