Going to the toilet during the exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Readthequestiondear!

Going to the toilet during the exam

Post by Readthequestiondear! »

Hi

My DS sat the exam this morning at KEGS. DS said that quite a few of the children (6 or more in each exam,in one exam he said about 10 children) went to the toilet during the course of the exams, and were allowed back in to finish- which I thought would not be allowed.

DS found this very disruptive, as he said that chairs were going throughout the exams!

Can any one shed some light on this please
First-timer

Re: Going to the toilet during the exam

Post by First-timer »

The alternative to allowing DC to go to the loo would have been a great deal more disruptive!

It's absolutely right that they should be allowed to go, but definitely not to be recommended as they don't get the chance to make up the time. Some of the best advice to give to DC involves ignoring everything else in the room and visiting the loo only during the break.
tami

Post by tami »

Unfortunately DD said the same thing the he found it quite disruptive as children were coming in making a fair din when they were pulling their chairs out and back in to go to the toilet.:(
Tami
anxiousanna

Post by anxiousanna »

I have to say that my DS also complained about the amount of children that visited the toilet and found it very disruprive :(
sahara

Post by sahara »

Did I read somewhere on this forum that disruptions are meant to be brought up straight away as they may count for people who need to appeal later?
moved

Post by moved »

I'm not sure that going to the loo counts as a major enough disruption for appeal. This is a common occurrence each year, due to the stress.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I agree with Moved. Appeal panels often hear complaints about other children coughing, fidgeting, scraping chairs, or bursting into tears. I'm afraid these are probably going to be viewed as minor incidents, and, however regrettable, they are unlikely to carry any weight at an appeal.
Etienne
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

moved wrote:I'm not sure that going to the loo counts as a major enough disruption for appeal.
Whereas, if DC was prevented from going, that may carry some weight at an appeal.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

These children are still so young. Stress is a big factor in children (and adults for that matter) needing to go to the toilet a bit more often than usual. Hopefully this didn't affect the performance of any of the candidates. Well done to all your DCs.
tubby

Post by tubby »

l second that fran17, goodluck and well done to your DC including my DD
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now