Which test was hardest for your children yesterday?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anxiousanna

Re: Which test was hardest for your children yesterday?

Post by anxiousanna »

My ds said that there were 15 questions for Maths (many sub sections) and 25 questions for English.
rhubarbcrumble

Post by rhubarbcrumble »

Hi Arsen, Shagor 21

My daughter thinks it was 15 questions on the Maths and on some of them there were sections a) b) c) etc. Last year's paper was also in this format as she did it for practice a little while ago so they had obviously changed the format from previous years.

The invigilator did indeed count the pages with them apparently and my daughter also said that she always checks the number of the next question just in case she had turned two pages instead of one by accident.

Hope this helps.
:)
arsen

Post by arsen »

Thanks you rhubarbcrumble and anxiousanna. I know exams can become a blur after you sit them - but the 15 on maths was worrying me - as I started to feel all the effort that my son has put in over the last few months would have amounted to a wasted effort - as after VR I am relying on his maths score to give him a chance to get through. English was always up and down! I think I have to stop worryong nw and just get life back to normal again!!! :-)
sobharamana

Post by sobharamana »

Hi,

My DD said very confidently that there were only 15 questions in Maths and there were lots of sections in each question. She said she clearly saw "END OF TEST, YOU SHOULD HAVE ANSWERED 15 QUESTIONS."
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

sobharamana wrote:Hi,

My DD said very confidently that there were only 15 questions in Maths and there were lots of sections in each question. She said she clearly saw "END OF TEST, YOU SHOULD HAVE ANSWERED 15 QUESTIONS."
Your daughter must have an excellent memory, especially with so much stress. I just asked my daughter and after a lengthy ummmm she said 15 as well.

Shame we never get the papers back really.
shagor21

Post by shagor21 »

Let's assume that there were 15 questions in this year per our Kids information. But I checked old papers and here is the results (without a. b. c, extra questions) : Year 2002 - 21qs , Year 2004 - 27qs, Year 2007 - 25qs & Year 2009 - 25qs.
Any could update for Year 2010 & 2011.

Thanks.
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

The 2011 Maths paper had 20 questions. I have a 2000 paper here and that also had 20 questions :wink: .(For some reason my DD didnt want me to burn that one)
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

............ and breathe! :D

I remember feeling just as all of you do. In a few days you won't be thinking about it (as much). :D
rhubarbcrumble

Post by rhubarbcrumble »

Arsen

It's really hard not to worry - I'm with you there! Thing is, there are so many factors to consider that we aren't privy to, for example, the ability of all of the other children taking the test, the way that they actually standardise specifically each year etc etc.

My daughter is really worried that she's performed well below par on the Maths paper and that it may have let her down. I just hope that the English and VR can pull her through if that's the case...yikes!!!

a.g.o.n.y. lol!!!!

:)
Moatmum

Post by Moatmum »

Its just awful not knowing..... :( i am with you.....maths has always been my DD weakness and now it seems to be that this years maths was a bit of a shocker......arrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhh !!!!

She also thinks there were 15 questions with several sub questions.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now