Addicted until March.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
zeinab

Re: Addicted until March.

Post by zeinab »

Reading up on here, comforting to know others are in the same boat. Wish it would be over soon with good news for all. At this rate I reckon by the time no4 sits the 11+ in 3 years, I'll be taken away on a stretcher to a far away land of no return. :lol:
ahap

Post by ahap »

38 days/ 5weeks and 3 days :mrgreen:
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I am already addicted and my DD won't even be taking the 11+ till Oct 1st :lol:
sahara

Post by sahara »

38 days sounds really close! :shock:
sahara

Post by sahara »

Hi Olu, if you are looking in. This is also my 1st time waiting for March. I started this thread as I know everyone looks in and are in the same boat, however, the ones that take the time to post between Nov and March are more likely to be consuming vast quantities of alcohol of an evening, (wine in my case), feverishly check on here at least once a day, (about 3 times for me) and are thinking constantly about how to cope with the good/bad outcome.
Also, you will find that anyone else you encounter around your school will be chilled, unstressed and not even thinking about such a long way off, trust me, it's all a cover, we'll all be shot to pieces by Feb 29th!
olu

Post by olu »

Hi Sahara,

Its great knowing we can both share our experiences together.Being first timers its difficult not knowing what to expect and can only hope that our DD's do well.
I am equally as addicted to this forum, it has enlighten me in some areas and hopefully when my next DD who is in yr 3 is ready for his 11+, I would be able to assist first timers like me. All best :)
rhubarbcrumble

Post by rhubarbcrumble »

AHA! Tis 1st Feb at last......only a mere 28 days to go....

I know I'm going to be such a nightmare when the results come through on email...I'll be sitting at my PC all night and then when the email comes though....I'll probably sit and stare at it for an hour before I dare open it.... :lol:

Incidentally, my daughter is as cool as a cucumber...she seems to have forgotten all about it....
mclm

Post by mclm »

Me too rhubarbcrumble.

I shall be here too for the next 28 days 4 hours & 38 minutes (not that I'm counting!) Quietly panicking :?

It's my 2nd time around & I swear it's even worse than last time ! Very glad I have a few years until the last one goes through it. I need the recovery time :wink:
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

It's funny that you have the same thought as others ....... All day I've been thinking that in four weeks time ..... Tonight will be the night ..... I've mentioned that to my work colleagues, the children, family. :oops: FOUR WEEKS !!!!!
rhubarbcrumble

Post by rhubarbcrumble »

Next problem of course is, if she doesn't pass, it's going to be a very sad 1st March...especially when you remember all the flippin' hard slog they put in... :)

Not a nice thought, but something I need to think about because, hand on heart, I really think it's a 50/50 as to whether she's passed or not. Someone asked me the other day what I honestly thought - like did I secretly harbour any "of COURSE my girl has passed with flying colours" kind of thoughts....Nope. Not at all. I really, REALLY don't know....AND I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO KNOW....

:lol: