Over at last!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Minesatea

Re: Over at last!

Post by Minesatea »

I didn't have any children sit this year, but a colleagues son said the English paper was by Stephen King ? (First sitting)
Zeezeemum

Post by Zeezeemum »

Minesatea wrote:I didn't have any children sit this year, but a colleagues son said the English paper was by Stephen King ? (First sitting)

My DD said it was Stephen Graham and she seems pretty sure about this.
marigold

Post by marigold »

A teacher at CCHS told my daughter that it was an unpublished short story ( first test ) , no idea about the second one.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

curiouser and curiouser !
Jojo15

Post by Jojo15 »

Having probed my DD about 'dice gate', she opened up saying it was definitely a probability question. :mrgreen:

She also informs me that the question on Coordinates, Area and Perimeter were stand alone questions that had no sub questions.
Rinette

Post by Rinette »

Hi !
My son found English hard, but not as hard as some practice past papers he has done...
VR easy, and Math OK but with one tricky question that seems different from the ones already quoted (and that he got wrong :wink: ) : from what I have understood it was an equation as (x)+(y)x(z)=(w), and multiple choices for the x,y,z,w values.
ahap

Post by ahap »

Yes, the dice was probability, but the last question seemed to have 3 sub. These 2 questions were okay according to him and had attempted them. But it was the playing card question which is another one it seems which had 2 sub which he found tricky. He says it is normally given in schools for term tests but they use calculator for it. I wonder what it is? I thought he was talking about the dice but it seems it is not the one he found tricky. :roll:
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

Well ............... asked DS about the dice and coordinates questions and the reply I got was "Mum, you promised not to ask me anything else about it" !!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did try and failed ...... :(

Oh well .... Will have to wait until February ...
nini

Post by nini »

My DD just told me today that she could not answer some questions in the maths paper which were worth a total of 7 points and that she guessed 2 or 3 other questions!! She has put Chelmsford Girls as her first choice and now I just don't think she will make it. I feel sad for her as she has worked soo hard but I am trying not to show it. :( Maybe we should try to gently steer her away from the idea of going to CCH. Has anyone had a similar experience?
Zeezeemum

Post by Zeezeemum »

nini wrote:My DD just told me today that she could not answer some questions in the maths paper which were worth a total of 7 points and that she guessed 2 or 3 other questions!! She has put Chelmsford Girls as her first choice and now I just don't think she will make it. I feel sad for her as she has worked soo hard but I am trying not to show it. :( Maybe we should try to gently steer her away from the idea of going to CCH. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Nini, I'm in exactly the same situation as you. My DD told me yesterday that she didn't finish the last page of the Maths Paper (does any one know how many questions where on the last page?) as well as not answering some questions in the paper as they were quite hard. To make matters worse, she did not finish the VR paper either. She didn't answer a couple of questions in the English paper but at least it wasn't a whole page! We also had CCH as first choice but I'm trying to come to terms that she totally messed up on the day. She claimed she was tired as the English paper took a lot out of her but I don't get it as she did very well in the Kent test doing 4 papers at one sitting.
I have resigned myself to the fact that what will be will be :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now