Alternate date exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
colchesterdad39

Alternate date exam?

Post by colchesterdad39 »

Before anyone stresses im not looking for information about the actual exam! What I am after however is some reassurance that people who have had to take the alternate exam in the past have gained places, as im a bit worried that maybe my DS will be at a disadvantage.
thanks in advance
Rinette

Re: Alternate date exam?

Post by Rinette »

Colchesterdad,
I know a child who sat the test last year on the alternative date and got his 1st choice GS, a superselective.
I do not know if this case is representative of a whole cohort but hope it offers a bit of a reassurance and hopefully you and your son will be soon relieve that it is over !
Best wishes for Wednesday !
chanceinnorfolk

Post by chanceinnorfolk »

I know 2 boys who sat the alternate date last yr and both achieved their 1st choice grammars.
sargul

Post by sargul »

there was 2 alternate dates one late nov and one in jan! my dd was offered the november 1 but we was on holiday so then they asked us if she would like to refer it till jan! dd was in hospital for 2 nights on the monday of the week she was ment to take the test for the 19th but we could not guarantee she would be any better and she just wanted it over with so she took it on the 19th bless her! good job really as she is now been refered to great ormand street hospital test which could be in jan! she gave it her best shot and im so proud of her as she also said to me it would be cheating if she took it in jan as she woud have longer to study! so bright and honest bless her!

i cant remember what dates they said though but there was 2 other dates one being bout a week later after 19th and one in jan!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now