New Hall School ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Gracienick

Re: New Hall School ?

Post by Gracienick »

Brentwood Independent also educate girls and boys separately untill Sixth form and I believe that is also bigger than New Hall...
colchesterdad39

Post by colchesterdad39 »

Well thats it, my DS can now finally relax! He attended New Hall yesterday and really enjoyed his day. In fact he has not stopped telling me how great the school and pupils were!
He feels that he performed well in both the tests and presentations / interview so now just a case of waiting and seeing.
We are extremely proud that he chose to even put himself through it. I Hope everyone gets the news they wish for come March.
Magicmaxmagic

Post by Magicmaxmagic »

My daughter received a very generous scholarship to newhall. We paid our £500 deposit but then she gained a place at grammar school. Newhall were lovely, they understood that we would choose grammar. They did not refund deposit but kept scholarship on file until end of year 8 should she not settle at grammar.
breward

Post by breward »

Have any DC received results/places for New Hall yet?
three

Post by three »

We received a letter this morning with excellent news but we are still waiting for the Grammar school results. These days scholarships are not incredibly generous. Good luck.
brainiac

Post by brainiac »

We got the brilliant news today that our DD got an academic scholarship. We are very proud! :D
colchesterdad39

Post by colchesterdad39 »

Sorry forgot to update my ds received a place at New Hall and we are very proud! We know a lot of children that did not get good news so feel even more proud of his achievement coming from an ordinary state school. However he knows that financially it may be difficult so fingers crossed on the 1st!
Rinette

Post by Rinette »

Congratulations !
My son also has been offered a place, with an academic scholarship, and we are now eagerly waiting for the 11+ results and prepare for all the different scenarii. No much time given for reflexion after the 1st of March...
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Congratulations colchesterdad39 and Rinette. I assume that New Hall is a back-up for you both at this stage and it's a good position to be in. At least when the results come in, you know you both already have a very good alternative, albeit an expensive one!

Best of luck for next week and let us know how you get on.

Also, good luck to everyone else anxiously awaiting 1st March.
suffolkmum

Post by suffolkmum »

congrats Rinette. My DD has also been offered a place at Ipswich high school for schools. So I guess we're all just waiting for the BIG DAY to arrive next week which is going to change quite a few lives !!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now