KEGS catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

suffolkmum

KEGS catchment

Post by suffolkmum »

hello everyone, I have a question relating to the preference given to those living within 12.5 miles of chelmsford for admission to KEGS that may be implemented this year.
my dd sat the 11+exam in november & if she gets into CCHS, we shall be relocating to Chelmsford sometime in june - july.
I have a son who will be sitting the 11+ this year for admission to kegs.
will he then get the 'catchment' preference as we would have moved to chelmsford by the time we apply ?
My main concern is whether KEGS will insist that we need to have been living in the 12.5 mile catchment area for a minimum of 1 year to avail of this preference & may need to show council tax bills to prove this.
does anyone have any information or opinions about this ?
Clarabelle

Re: KEGS catchment

Post by Clarabelle »

Having looked at the proposed admission arrangements on the Kegs website there is no mention of a qualifying period of residency. If you have moved into the area by June/July 2012 then you will be a resident before the 11+ takes place, even given the rumoured earlier exam date. If you have any concerns I would ring the school direct & ask. They also have a map on the website showing the proposed priority admissions area which you may find helpful.
Clarabelle
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now