Mock Exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Janine

Mock Exams

Post by Janine »

Hi everyone,

Not long to go for this years results, good luck to all those waiting!

I was wondering if anyone has used any of the Mock Exam centres in preparation for the 11+, are these good to do and how soon before the exam should you start with mock exams?

thank you!
Maria001

Re: Mock Exams

Post by Maria001 »

Hi, I would recommend doing a mock if you can find one that is reasonably priced. Some centres are charging way over the odds. We did one in Leigh-on-sea that we found on this web site and I think it was very useful. DD got to understand what it would be like on the day and this helped with exam day nerves. It also helped to build confidence. We could also see where she came within that group of 30 or so other girls. :)
djy76

Post by djy76 »

Hi

I would recommend mocks too, my DD1 did 2 before the real thing. It was set in a village hall but there was a group of children most she did not know and the tutor who ran it did simulate the exam as closely as she could. DD did one in July and one in October when the 11 plus was in November. Unfortunately this tutor does not open it up to other children as she did before now, she is only doing it for her own tutees from now on.

We will definitely look to source for DS2.

djy
Janine

Post by Janine »

Hi,
Thank you for getting back to me and sharing your experiences.
toolate

Post by toolate »

I am really interested in finding someone who does mocks in the Colchester area. If anyone can help please PM me. Thanks
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

If you click on the services tab - top right of the screen. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/services" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'll find lists of 11+ tutors, mocks etc.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now