Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:56 am 

Hi there - any travel advice/suggestions from havering would be most appreciated. Just trying to assess which would be the best route to take from Upminster/Romford area.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:48 am 

Hi Arsen,

I've PM'ed you! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 pm 

My son will be travelling from Upminster to Chalkwell station by train (25 min) and then walk to Westcliff HSB (15 min). Companions required.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:28 am 

Hi. We're off Wingletye Lane too. My DS will probably do the same-there is a 7.34 or a 7.53 from upminster which should get them in to Chalkwell with enough time for the walk. Happy to exchange numbers and talk through. I use the district line to work anyway-so it works out well for me providing I can find somewhere to park. It is all a bit daunting letting them on to public transport on their own! Still you can't wrap them in cotton wool for too long! It's nice to know there are a few others travelling from this way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:23 am 

Hi
I have just spoken to SBC leisure which does a lot of Westcliff / southend school runs from Great Notely, Chelmsford, Billericay and Ingatestone . They said they can consider putting a service for Romford/Gidea Park/Harold wood and Hornchurch DCs to Westcliff if they have a minimum of 20 people.
Please send me a PM ( not sure if I am allowed to post the details here) and I will give you their details or you can go online to check them out. They are working on a quote based on mileage but think it will be a monthly standing order payment of between £125 - £140 for 10 months per school year if there are 20 kids.