Viewing the test papers.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sahara

Viewing the test papers.

Post by sahara »

I happened to speak to a father yesterday regarding his son going to the local school. He was shocked when his son didn't pass the 11+ and told me the score was nearer 20%. He is now thinking that the paper may be marked incorrectly as on a very, very bad day he could guess to be around 60%. Statistically, over the last year he has never scored below 78%, can he ask to see the paper and is it possible to acually be given someone elses score?
Suresh

Re: Viewing the test papers.

Post by Suresh »

where did the child write the exam, if it is CRGS, then if you ask they will give you a report of where the child went wrong, then you can compare it with the test paper. It is not possible for VR of course. Other schools i do not know how they do it. They would not share others papers as per the data protection law.
sahara

Post by sahara »

It was Westcliff.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

He can request a manual remark of all the papers - but I believe they charge for this.
sahara

Post by sahara »

Would this include VR as well?
SRSS

Post by SRSS »

Hi Sahara,

As far as I know, it's not possible for us to see the paper, but we could request the school where our DC sat the exam to recheck the concerned papers once again. I've asked CChs to recheck my DD's VR paper. They did it free of charge and sent a letter by post explaining that there is no change in the score. :(
Tick Tock!!

Post by Tick Tock!! »

SRSS wrote:Hi Sahara,

As far as I know, it's not possible for us to see the paper, but we could request the school where our DC sat the exam to recheck the concerned papers once again. I've asked CChs to recheck my DD's VR paper. They did it free of charge and sent a letter by post explaining that there is no change in the score. :(
Could the score go down as well as up, that would be my only concern?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

SRSS wrote:Hi Sahara,

Free of charge is good - the school we are aiming for in Berks charges Approx £400 for a remark :shock:
three

Post by three »

Hi.

I know someone whose DS was not offered a place at GS. The parents of the boy and his school were shocked as he was a dead cert to pass. When they asked for the papers to be remarked they contacted the parents and apologised as they had allocated his score to another child's! Both children had to be offered a place!! It does happen so it's worth chasing it up! Good luck!
moved

Post by moved »

There have been errors and pupils have been muddled up, but the last error that I heard of was for a boy now in year 11.