Bus to Westcliff from Basildon area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jodo

Bus to Westcliff from Basildon area

Post by Jodo »

Does anyone have any idea of the length of journey, exact route, bus times, cost of the bus please? The CSSE website does not seem to have details. DD is delighted to have been offered a place at WHSG, now we are doing some forward planning for September (and saving up for the uniform)
mum of boys

Re: Bus to Westcliff from Basildon area

Post by mum of boys »

Hi Jodo,

most of the people I know who travel from the Basildon area use the train from Basildon/Laindon and get off at Chalkwell. It is then about a 15 minute walk up to WHSG and WHSB.

Someone else may know about buses. I don't think there is a bus organised by the CSSE, which is why there is nothing on their website. Maybe there is a private bus?
poochie

Post by poochie »

Jodo, you can get the 825 first bus service which starts from Basildon ,Wickford, Rayleigh ,Westcliff .Lots of Westcliff pupils use this service from Wickford /Rayleigh only know of the odd few who get on from Basildon Have a look at first bus website for length of journey.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

The First route 2 runs from Basildon bus station via Pitsea and Great Tarpots and through Leigh on the London Road - there is a stop which is only about 5 minutes walk to WHSG / WHSB along Pavilion Drive / Middlesex Avenue. The bus takes about an hour. Lots of Westcliff pupils use C2C to Chalkwell, though, so plenty of company. I would allow a bit longer than 15 minutes for the walk from the station, though.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/essex/journey_planning/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I remember when there were GS in Basildon :oops:
Jodo

Post by Jodo »

Thanks to everyone who replied. I've checked this out and there is a school bus run by Amber Coaches from the Basildon area, there's also one from the Grays area. The CSSE doesn't seem to be aware of these services
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now